Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
I've got something coming out of the foot of two Anejos. Only seen it before on the wrapper. Can plume start inside or am I dealing with mold?
RodneyB
12 years ago
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Is this a statement of better safe than sorry or experience?
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
A couple more votes for mold and I'm taking them back. Found em at a baccy shop that's not one of my usuals. Dammit. $10 was a decent deal.
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
Mold.................plume extrudes through the wrapper. From another place...
===========
Bloom: Also known as plume (both terms are correct), bloom is a naturally occurring phenomenon, a grayish or whitish fuzz that can appear on a well-aged cigar.
It is not mold and is completely harmless. Bloom is a residue from the fermenting oils within the cigar and is indicative of proper storage conditions.
It first appears on the surface of a cigar as tiny crystals and can eventually make the cigar look dusty.
A more advanced bloom gives an opaque white look to the entire cigar.
Sculptor
12 years ago
TIGERCDW
12 years ago
crgcpro
12 years ago
Mold anywhere except in the foot and you can wipe and smoke. Once it's in the foot, I wouldn't dare smoke it. Take them back if you can.
Abrignac
12 years ago
This morning I took a Flor De Cano from the box and noticed a bunch of white specks on the underside. Whipped them off and smoked it. Nom nom nom. Thanks DED!
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Yeah, they're going back. Thanks all. I didn't want to believe it but figured it. I have to be able to take it back. It's not like I'm gonna go through every wrapped cigar I buy and survey it. Although it may happen if I ever go there again
Sculptor
12 years ago
tonygraz
12 years ago

This morning I took a Flor De Cano from the box and noticed a bunch of white specks on the underside. Whipped them off and smoked it. Nom nom nom. Thanks DED!

Abrignac wrote:



Haven't had one of them in 10 years. Nice CC.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago

Yeah, they're going back. Thanks all. I didn't want to believe it but figured it. I have to be able to take it back. It's not like I'm gonna go through every wrapped cigar I buy and survey it. Although it may happen if I ever go there again

Puffnstuff79 wrote:



I always do this... always....
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago

Does it look anything like this:

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1233/1273/original.jpg 

?

bs_kwaj wrote:



Nope. It's only on the foot. And it's not much at all. I'd smoke it if I wasn't worried it was all inside
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
And actually just looked again and the blotches are pretty much gone from the previous scrub I gave with my thumb.
dharbolt
12 years ago
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
I believe it to be mold but if it were only the tip I'd snip it and smoke em.
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Meh. I'm jaded anyway. If I smoked em I'd be all weirded out about em without enjoying em. I'm taking em back tomorrow with a smug look on my face
Users browsing this topic