JStrider
21 years ago
i think bobmactx has it right

we get some crazy sand/windstorms here.... might not get such a solid wall of sand... but we get some that turn the sky dark... its crazy...

ive got some pics of a pretty bad one... but not the worst ive seen on my web page...

heres some pics of it from my webcam... it was in 03...
http://www.jschrodt.net/dust/index.htm 
adroomi
21 years ago
We had two of those come through Iraq in 1991. If I remember right, we called them "Shamall" or something like that. It comes in like a wave, and when it hits you can't see your own hand in front of your face. They last about 15 minutes and then it stops, leaving 6 inches of sand on top of everything and inside of everything.
bud451
21 years ago
I thought it was a OFTH herf dropping off their latest packages.
mydsooner
21 years ago
I dont know about sand...but we have walls of dust here in N.W.Oklahoma. And we "dirt devils" small Tornado's that will suck the front window out of your car if your stupid enough to drive through them.

See out of staters along the roads every once in awhile picking up their window out of a ditch because they thought it would be cool to drive into one.
John hay Cigars
21 years ago
Remind me never to drive through OK.
blackfoot11
21 years ago
that is an awsome photo, hog.
JonR
21 years ago
A reporter on CNN said it was 5,000 feet high and took 45 minutes to pass-by.


JonR
sketcha
21 years ago
I'll take a good ol' Cali earthquake any day.
bassdude
21 years ago
I saw Hidalgo.
HarleyRed
21 years ago
That is where my son is currently stationed. Will have to email him and see how it was.

Harleyred
adroomi
21 years ago
I thought we called the storm a "shamall." The "shamal" is actually a dry wind that blows in from the desert duing the hot months in the region. It's known to kick up a few of these storms every year.

The couple I saw were mindblowing. I've still got sand in my rear I think.
Wyteyes
21 years ago
I've seen something like that in Indio, CA only it didn't blow away that fast. the next morning there were 3 or 4 boxcars laying on their sides. I would not believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself. Nature can really rip sometimes.

John
jimmy@ctconnect.com
21 years ago
- too bad it doesn't have a mushroom cloud over top of it ... 🙂

- yea - I'm back ....
usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
WB Jimmy!!!

Hog
DaSaP
21 years ago
USA can u send me a email please,
Dasap.cigar at gmail. com
usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
email sent...

Hog
Users browsing this topic