RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
when toby and i were into collecting almost every bird we saw, i noticed one of these birs t a bird show and bought one to had raise. in my mind it still is one of the most beautiful of all the parrots (rosellas)i have ever seen. what i didn't know was that the bir doesn't bond easily and after hand raising him, he turned his back on me ad we placed it in an avairy with others of his specie.

400328.jpg

Click to View Image79 View(s)

dapperdan
21 years ago
Rick, My Budgies sometimes will peck another one to the point that I have to take them out to let them heal. It's almost like they like the taste of blood. It is usually the mate. Do you know what's up? Why they do it? After the one gets better I put it back and all is well. I have one separated now as her face is all pecked up. Thanks , Dan woa, a bird just flew into the window. A Coppers hawk did that once trying to get a dove. They both flew into the window and the dove was dead and the hawk was breathing but out like a light so. I put him in a cage and went to work.When I got home he was fine. Like nothin happend.Let him go and off the next day and off he flew.
RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
dapperdan

first, i'd serve the dove with a wine sauce.

mated birds are not unlike people but they can't talk it out so they fight a little. usually the female, like people, starts it and pecks the male because she is mad about something. if the male is aggressive, he might kill her.

you have done exactly the right thing. seperate them and let them heal and cool down and they are back together again.

unlike people, they don't hold grudges.
Mo'sMan
21 years ago
awesome colors
usahog
21 years ago
very pretty bird Rick... one of these days... I'll get the Mrs. a couple birds...

Hog
pabloescabar
21 years ago
very nice look'n bird, do they eat dogs ?
RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
pablo

only if breaded and fried.
Users browsing this topic