Thom
  • Thom
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
~~New camera and photo program testing~~

But I do think that this is a cool looking slug.
410270.jpg

Click to View Image105 View(s)

andytv
21 years ago
what kind of camera?

I'm thinking about selling my Olympus C-2100UZ and picking up something smaller, but I haven't found any little cameras with the same level of picture quality (even when I double the pixels).
andytv
21 years ago
what kind of camera?

I'm thinking about selling my Olympus C-2100UZ and picking up something smaller, but I haven't found any little cameras with the same level of picture quality (even when I double the pixels).
bud451
21 years ago
think I seen his brother on Fear Factor.

Nice photo
andytv
21 years ago
PurpleSageRighter
21 years ago
Is that what they mean by a "toothy" wrapper?

Purp
ASC
  • ASC
  • Aficionado
21 years ago
somebody dropped their ****!!!
Thom
  • Thom
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Thanks for the compliments.

The camera is a Canon A510 and I am very impressed with it. Many, many functions and quality 3.2 megapixel pictures for under $200. Plus the software that comes with it is good too. That's what I was testing with this picture.
pabloescabar
21 years ago
them's good eat's...
Jdllizard
21 years ago
I just bought a Canon A95 a couple weeks ago. I love it as well, ALOT of stuff to learn in order to use it properly though. Nice point and shoot mode as well.
John L
jetblasted
21 years ago
Andy, . . . You Wont Find Good Picture Quality, Unless You Up Your Lens Size --- Most of the compact cameras have a lens that is the size of your thumbnail, and most are made from plastic. Only a High Quality Glass Lens with Large Optical Qualities will Give You the Results You Desire. The Larger The Glass Lens, the Better. AND, D O N ' T Be Fooled By Claims of High Digital Zoom. You Want High Opitical Zoom. Optical Zoom is the Actual Physical Properties and Limits of The Lens, It's Self. Digital Zoom is Computer Enhanced, and of Reduced Image Quality.
andytv
21 years ago
Jet,

I have been using the C2100UZ for years. It has a REAL big lens and a REAL 10X optical zoom. Screw digital zoom........if I want to interpolate pixels, I'll use software.

You are right about this though. I have taken pix with a 5MP camera at work that cannot compare to my C2100 (at 2.1 MP).

I was just hoping that I could find something that was not so friggin big and took comparable pix......maybe I ask too much??
jetblasted
21 years ago
If you find a compact camera that meets these qualities, please let me know ... I have a buddy that is bugging me for a compact option. I cannot recommend one, being that I am such a fan of my Kodak DX 6490 4.0 MP. It was a J.D. Powers Winner, and my parents got one on my recommendation. The 5.0's version features are even better than mine. I Highly Recommend It.
calavera
21 years ago
Just go for a big camera. We got a D70 in December. Came with an excellent Nikor 18-70 lens and we picked up a 70-300 for outdoor shots. Thinking about going with the 500 with the vibration reduction feature.

My wife is a photographer. I dabble.

J
vfrtwice
21 years ago
Tom,

I think your doing great job taking pictures. The little lady just brough home our first digital camera. She got a canon powershot sd100. I think it will do everything but tie your shoes !! lol. I was messing around with it last night trying to take pics of my gars. its pretty neat. I think it will be a great little camera.

Keith
myash07
21 years ago
ROTFLMAO !

at


Pablo:

them's good eat's...


andytv
21 years ago
I guess I'll just keep using my current camera for good pix and get a cheap compact to take fishin.
Users browsing this topic