MrsRogfam1
21 years ago
Here's what I found on my back porch this morning.
He's kinda icky and cool at the same time. lol
I've seen bigger ones, but he's the first to show up this year.
410530.JPG

Click to View Image79 View(s)

Thom
21 years ago
tornado
21 years ago
I hear earthquaking footsteps approaching. No... it's ... it's ...



GODZILLA!

Here for the final showdown.
myash07
21 years ago
I love it!

That one looks to be about 3 inches across?
MACS
21 years ago
I'm just glad there are none in my area... otherwise my cat would've caught a few and brought them into the damn house... like the mouse she caught and left on the stairs for me the other day. Still running.

I had to catch it and throw it outside.

^%$^%$@^$#@^$ cat.
MrsRogfam1
21 years ago
myash, he's still there... so I actually measured the dang thing for ya! lol He's 3 1/2in across. (and 4in the other way)
Seems like once they land, they stay forever, maybe even til it dies. hmmm, maybe this is like its death ritual or something. lol I don't know. Anyone know about these things? or what it is?
flyerfixer
21 years ago
Nice pic. have not seen anything like that here in CA. Well at least not that lookes like that and has wings! I better stop there.......
---flyerfixer---
BMW
  • BMW
  • Herf-A-Holic
21 years ago
It's a Luna Moth. When I was a kid the larger moths were prize possesions in the moth/butterfly collection.

Barry
TrannyMk
21 years ago
MrsRogfam1

Where do you live? I'm from San Jose,CA and I've never seen one of those.
MrsRogfam1
21 years ago
wow, thanks Barry.
http://www.fcps.k12.va.us/StratfordLandingES/Ecology/mpages/luna_moth.htm 

very interesting read!

I live in Oklahoma and see at least one a year, about this time.
It says they're a rare find, so I'll consider myself blessed to see one of God's rare awesome creatures! 🙂
dapperdan
21 years ago
A true work of God's art. Ya think it evolved? yea, right!
Users browsing this topic