Buckwheat
21 years ago
For RICKAMAVEN
410479.gif

Click to View Image117 View(s)

RDC
  • RDC
  • Herf-A-Holic
Thom
21 years ago
DrMaddVibe
21 years ago
Gimmie a lil' malt vinegar with my Darwin will ya!
RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
TWF.

thanks.
BeatDragon
21 years ago
HA!

I love that
dapperdan
21 years ago
Funny if that was a Muslim symbol being mocked there would be outrage.I realize the people that worship Darwin use it to mock the fact that Christian's believe in a creator.

IXOYE, Jesus Christ Son of God Savior.

I'm not really offended being a Christian myself but I just thought I would point out what it really means.
dapperdan
21 years ago
Gimmie a lil' malt vinegar with my Darwin will ya!
I agree with ya Doc. Thats funny. LOL
adroomi
21 years ago
He's got a point. Although if it was a muslim symbol up there, it wouldn't be Rick simply "questioning" or mocking the religion, but rather it would be a bunch of the members of this board calling the muslims terrorists, murderers, towelheads, and such.

IXQUS (Ichthys): Greek for "fish"
I Iota the first letter in the Greek word Iesous (Jesus)
X Chi the first letter in the Greek word Christos (Christ)
Q Theta the first letter in the Greek word Theos Of (God)
U Upsilon the first letter in the Greek word Yios (Huois) Son
S Sigma the first letter in the Greek word Soter (Savior)
Greek meaning Iesous Christos Theos Yios Soter
English transliteration ... Jesus Christ Of God Son Savior

Christians have been using this symbol since about 300 years AD, and we should leave it alone. It's a sign of faith, and shouldn't be meddled or toyed with.

It's roots can be traced as far back as the Pagan days. They used the symbol in their practice:

Ichthys was the offspring son of the ancient Sea goddess Atargatis, and was known in various mythic systems as Tirgata, Aphrodite, Pelagia or Delphine.

The fish also a central element in other stories, including the Goddess of Ephesus (who has a fish amulet covering her genital region), as well as the tale of the fish that swallowed the **** of Osiris, and was also considered a symbol of the vulva of Isis.

The fish also has been identified in certain cultures with reincarnation and the life force.

Before Christianity, the fish symbol was known as 'the Great Mother'...linked to fertility, birth, feminine sexuality and the natural force of women.

Regardless, it's a Christian thing now, so I respect it.
dapperdan
21 years ago
Thanks adroomi.

It is also said that the first Christians that meet someone knew would draw in the dirt the first half and if you were a believer you would draw the second half of the fish. It was pretty deadly being a follower of Christ then as it is now in many countries. Christians are being persecuted and killed something our media does not want us to know. I can see this thred getting sticky so I will leave it at that.
dapperdan
21 years ago
I did know of it's pagan origin also. Same as the Christmas tree. I don't think Jesus minds.
MACS
21 years ago
God bless those Pagans... - Homer Jay Simpson
Buckwheat
21 years ago
As a pagan I'm offended that my religious symbols have been distorted to represent the false Christian religion.

Not really. I believe that this and the picture that I posted are an example of sarcasm. My god does have a sense of humor.

TrannyMk
21 years ago
Symbols from any religion shouldnt be tampered with, period...



edbug
21 years ago
This is good ! ! !

And an unbelievable thanks to adroomi
pabloescabar
21 years ago
Thank's Droomi'z, did not know the whole story behind the truth of the matter cuz, mahalo'z...
Users browsing this topic