DrafterX
9 years ago


But you'd like the untrustworthy government to start an ID program to keep potential violations of rampant fraud less likely than the bare minimum that have been recorded historically? Are you sure? Do you trust them to do it right?

frankj1 wrote:




How do you mess up asking for an ID..?? 🤔
frankj1
9 years ago

How do you mess up asking for an ID..?? 🤔

DrafterX wrote:


I guess I am thinking about overseeing and distributing ID's to those that we keep reading are too old/poor/without the wherewithall etc to have one.

After all, aren't they the gazillions of people that this is about?
frankj1
9 years ago
in college, my son got into bars (never turned away) with an out of state driver's license that id'd him as a 32 year old hispanic male.

surely we'd need the corrupt government to expand into a new and improved id business to protect us and stuff.
DrafterX
9 years ago
there would be a difference getting verified at the voting booth than getting into a bar... the bar doesn't care as long as you have an ID... Your name has to be on a list to and you'll need an ID to vote... if you can pull off registering and presenting a fake ID then go for it... 😟
tailgater
9 years ago
There will always be a thousand reasons why we shouldn't implement a rule, regulation and restriction.
The NRA has made a living out of capitalizing on this fact.
So we weigh the pros and cons.

The pros.
This is simple.
Will reduce fraud.
Will provide ample warm and fuzzies against feeling disenfranchized (I though this would win over the bleeding hearts).
Would impact BOTH sides equally (everyone has to show an ID, not just the liberals.).
Costs would be minimal. (let's be honest here. There isn't a large population of voters without access to proper ID).

The cons?
Well, we all know the cons vote democrat, so I guess that's their argument.
frankj1
9 years ago

There will always be a thousand reasons why we shouldn't implement a rule, regulation and restriction.
The NRA has made a living out of capitalizing on this fact.
So we weigh the pros and cons.

The pros.
This is simple.
Will reduce fraud.
Will provide ample warm and fuzzies against feeling disenfranchized (I though this would win over the bleeding hearts).
Would impact BOTH sides equally (everyone has to show an ID, not just the liberals.).
Costs would be minimal. (let's be honest here. There isn't a large population of voters without access to proper ID).

The cons?
Well, we all know the cons are democrat incumbents, so I guess that's their argument.

tailgater wrote:


fify
tailgater
9 years ago

fify

frankj1 wrote:



My hero.
😍
Speyside
9 years ago
Well played Frank!
frankj1
9 years ago
maybe it's true what people say...I am like a genius
DrafterX
9 years ago
Shandy Clark
on Monday
Hey everyone, just a heads up! I had a family member that voted this morning and she voted straight Republican. She checked before she submitted and the vote had changed to Clinton! She reported it and made sure her vote was changed back. They commented that It had been happening. She is trying to get the word out and asked that we post and share. Just want everyone's vote to be accurate and count. Check your vote before you submit! Mary Sims-Beckham and Bradina Benson do y'all know how to report this?
Edit: this happened this morning In Arlington TX. Mon, Oct 24, 2016, which is also when I posted!




Lisa Houlette
on Monday
Gary and I went to early vote today...I voted a straight Republican
ticket and as I scrolled to submit my ballot I noticed that the
Republican Straight ticket was highlighted, however, the clinton/kaine box was also highlighted! I tried to go back and
change and could not get it to work. I asked for help from one of
the workers and she couldn't get it to go back either. It took a second election person to get the machine to where I could correct the vote to a straight ticket. Be careful and double check your selections before you cast your vote! Don't hesitate to ask for help. I had to have help to get mine changed.



:-k 🤔
MACS
  • MACS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
Bah, no matter how many instances of fraud you see, all the usual suspects in here will tell you it's a drop in the bucket and means nothing. [frypan]
victor809
9 years ago
I remember 10 years ago the dems had the exact same reports.... Pretty sure you didn't care then.

victor809
9 years ago
But... For what it's worth snopes says the entire thing is mostly false.
http://www.snopes.com/texas-vote-switching/ 
MACS
  • MACS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
See? Toldya.
banderl
9 years ago

But... For what it's worth snopes says the entire thing is mostly false.
http://www.snopes.com/texas-vote-switching/ 

victor809 wrote:




Way to burst their bubble, Victor.
victor809
9 years ago
MACS... I didn't tell you it was a drop in the bucket. I told you you didn't see any fraud....

And I told you the same claims were made years ago by the other side of the aisle. Somehow I didn't have to see constant whiny threads about it then.... But by all means, play the victim... Heck with all the fraud you're better off not voting. If you vote for someone, the machine will just change it to Clinton. If you stay home, it won't get that extra Clinton vote.
MACS
  • MACS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
I never claimed to be a victim, and I already voted by mail.

You have a short memory though. There were constant whiny threads about GWB all the time.
victor809
9 years ago
About voter fraud? I don't recall any. (it's possible that one exists, and I either forgot or didn't see it... But I'd have to require a link to believe you)
victor809
9 years ago
Let me rephrase that statement. I know there was plenty of arguments around the Florida dangling chads...

I am specifically saying I don't remember anyone complaining about voting machines changing votes from Obama to Romney back in 2012. Yet you haughtily claim we're all going to poo poo it now. If no one took it seriously when it happened to the Democrats, why wouldn't you expect it to be dismissed now.
Users browsing this topic