rugrunner
21 years ago
Well said charlie.

amdroomi, "It sickens me that our President used this man's honor, courage, and ultimate sacrifice for his own personal gain" What are you using it for?

Let me take Charlie's supposition one step further. If Tilman were able to speak to GWB today do you think he'd agree with the words next to the pic you posted? Or perhaps do you think he'd thank GWB for trying to put a better light on his story for the morale of the troops and the country? I don't know but I think it would be closer to the latter.
Charlie
21 years ago
I like adroomi, but I think he is FOS on this posting!

Charlie
Charlie
21 years ago
I like adroomi, but I think he is FOS on this posting!

Charlie
Charlie
21 years ago
I meant to double post this one!

Charlie
adroomi
  • adroomi
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
".....So, who is speaking for Tillman? Well, if we look at popular culture we see that two (unauthorized) books have already written about Pat Tillman. A Hollywood screenplay is in the works and coming to a theater near you may be a film in which an actor will be literally speaking for Tillman. There is merchandizing galore --- hats, jerseys, helmets, pins, photos. There is constant nationalistic memorializing, like this pamphlet, produced by ASU, juxtaposing his heroic football images with his military portrait and a waving American flag. There is outright profiteering going down. The Arizona Cardinals sold tickets on his name offering free rubber bracelets with Tillman's name and number on them for the first 10,000 fans to the stadium for a game a few weeks ago (those same bracelets are now being sold for up to $70 apiece on Ebay)....."

Dr. Leanos has the full support of the words he put on that poster from Pat Tillman's parents. Both of whom are currently seeking legal action against the US Government for the lies they were told. Mary Tillman is quoted as, "This couldn't be truer, at least one person has finally got it right..." when asked about it.

I won't speak for the dead. I will speak for the living though. I also know that a Corporal (E-4) in a Ranger Platoon does not "command a team of Ranger Infantry Soldiers" as was told. I also know that he was not "yelling out orders for advance and directing the Rangers" when he was accidentally shot. His last words, were "Cease fire, friendlies!" and that is in the investigation.

He did die a hero....as anyone who dies in battle does as far as I'm concerned. However, the Silver Star that he received, with the award citation stating the above information on it about "leading the charge" is a farce and a slap in the face to any soldier that actually earned the 3rd highest award that can be given. Even more so when that citation is read aloud by our "soon to be re-elected" President as part of his campaign.

I don't necessarily blame GWB....I feel he's a bigger fool than I originally thought. I do feel that the entire administration is corrupt though on this.

If this lie was so easy to spread even with such a high profile person, I wonder what other lies are being told to the families of the 2000 other young men and women?

.....and by the way, Jessica Lynch was a lie too.
rugrunner
21 years ago
Androomi, I knew we could find something to agree on. I too think it's reprehensible for a presidential candidate to try and get political milage out of bogus military decorations. Hmmm let me recheck the thread, maybe we're not talking about the same guy after all...
adroomi
  • adroomi
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
I know who you're talking about......recheck the board and see how bad I spoke of him last year too.
rugrunner
21 years ago
Nope. sorry i was wrong. I was talking about someone else. That's okay, you're still terribly entertaining!
adroomi
  • adroomi
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Who are you talking about? I was talking about Kerry and his BS. Anyway, I'm glad you find me entertaining. I try not to be all the time. I was quite serious in my above post. I find this event both tragic and a shame.....not so much entertaining. Sorry if it came across that way.
rayder1
21 years ago
From earlier in the thread. Adroomi is as much a U.S. citizen as anyone born here. Choosing to live overseas doesn't invalidate his right to piss on the President of the United States from across the ocean. (gotta drink a lot of beer and aim high to make it...).

Nonetheless, the perceived value of one's opinion about life, politics and policy of the US diminishes,the longer one remains abroad.
jetblasted
21 years ago
alright, adroomi . . . refresh my memory of how Jessica Lynch was a lie. Now, I know the Army's P.R. was all over her, but what about her ambush, torture, rape and rescue, was a lie? Aside from the part that she held off a bunch of Iraqi's until her clip ran dry . . .
usahog
21 years ago
Jessica Lynch

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,956255,00.html 

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,85936,00.html 

But U.S. government sources told Fox News that they are concerned about Lynch's mental and physical state, saying she can't remember anything after the moment the 507th was ambushed nor can she remember anything about her days in captivity and the brutality U.S. military officials believe she endured.

Hog

adroomi
  • adroomi
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Jet,
Hog's links are perfect. Take a read.

Hog,
Thanks.

I don't dishonor either of these two women. It's the administration that has dishonored themselves......
wxrodrig
21 years ago
those were excellent links Hog,
-William
usahog
21 years ago
what about her ambush, torture, rape and rescue, was a lie? Aside from the part that she held off a bunch of Iraqi's until her clip ran dry . . .


Ambush.. NO Lie,
Torture.. No Lie,
Rape.. Not Sure?
Resque.. Yes Fabricated and Staged for Propaganda..

Hog
adroomi
  • adroomi
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
No torture,
and she didn't fire a single round.

Anyway, no one is to blame her. She did her job. I'm talking about the fabricated story that the administration used for propaganda is all.
usahog
21 years ago
"fabricated story that the (administration) used for propaganda is all."

ARMY Used for propaganda...

you did how many years active service?? You know as well as any other veteran military member... Fabrication starts and is preformed from the time you sign your name on the dotted line until the day they put your ass in the ground (sometimes short tour folks are lucky) I still would do the same walk of my career all over again, only stay a bit sharper on who's your friend ;0)

Hog
Users browsing this topic