nycdevildog
21 years ago
Could I ask your advice on something? What should someone do if they've won a contest and the person never sends the prize? Are contests as "binding" on these boards as trades? It's been about four weeks since I won a contest on here and no sticks as of yet. About two weeks after I won, the sender said he "completely forgot" about sending them and said he was going to send the next day. About a week ago I asked if he had a tracking number so I can check if they were sent to the right place and he never responded. How would any of you proceed in a situation like this? Not sure of the etiquette of contests. Thanks BOTL/SOTL.
Pancho
21 years ago
I would make a mental note not to do any future trades with the person and forget about it. Same thing happens from time to time on the PIF/PIB/TTT threads.

Only alternative is to post a message about the person to let others know about it, but that's not how I would personally handle it.
drnos
21 years ago
Running a contest on here and not paying off is VERY BAD.

I remember a bogus contest was run here promising a box of CAO for answering some CAO-related questions. CAO was NOT involved in it, and the lame-o who posted the contest tried to make some excuse that it was just a joke or something.

Not Cool.
grishuha
21 years ago
Next time he posts a contest or something make it known to all that he doesn't deliver on promises, IN CAPITAL LETTERS.

As for now... no damage was done... you didn't lose any money just you trust in people 😉
dave97402
21 years ago
NYC, I'd keep on him. Just keep emailing nicely to remind him and such. Sooner or later he'll get tired of hearing from you.


Dave
eodusmc
21 years ago
just curious nycdevildog, Jarhead? if so where at? i'm in 29.
Charlie
21 years ago
It could be an oversite, but send him/her an email and explain the situation!

Charlie
mrtelcom
21 years ago
I would never call someone out for not sending me free sticks.
nycdevildog
21 years ago
Thanks guys for the responses. I knew I'd get some helpful advice! Very true that I haven't "lost" anything in this, and it still may come through, but this was one topic I wasn't able to locate through a search feature and I am curious how people have handled it if or when it happened in the past.

EOD, I used to be at Pen, never stationed at 29, and am currently an OSO in the NY area. Give me a shout at nycbeachman at aol dot com.
deadeyedick
21 years ago
Not paying off on a contest is the same as not making good on a trade/PIF/b-day club, etc. in my book.

If it does not get resolved it's up to you to let others know the circumstances.

DED

BuckyB93
21 years ago
Agree with all the above, give the guy/gal a chance to make good (sounds like you did). You're really not out anything so don't sweat it too much.

A contest and the follow up still contributes to your rep in my opinion. If he/she stiffs you on the winnings, that's a bad trader mark in my book. I just take it as lesson learned and move on. 99.999999% of the folks here are trustworthy.

Geez, I hope it wasn't me. If so send me a really bad nasty-gram and publish it for all to see. I've been known to be forgetfull.
Que
  • Que
  • Aficionado
21 years ago
I think that you have given him more than enough time to respond. I would send him one more e-mail advising him that it would be the last time that you would ask for them, but I would also explain to him that if I didn't get a response, I would post a thread on the forum telling everyone what happened and then if he wants to reply, he can reply to your thread and explain himself to everyone after I have outed him.

Que
erkwgz
21 years ago
Nycdevildog

Que's response sounds good to me. Bad traders SUCK!!

Just my .02.

Later.....Erik

Users browsing this topic