opelmanta1900
8 years ago
If you're so certain your wookie comment wasnt racist, then go tell any black person you want, "i called Michelle Obama a wookie, do you consider that racist?"
opelmanta1900
8 years ago
Better yet, why don't we ping a black member on the cbid staff and ask them what they think about your wookie comment? Willing to do that?
Speyside
8 years ago
I have never seen a white furred wookie. Why not call her a Yeti? It is a shame the term stuck. It is juvenile. It is hate filled.
tailgater
8 years ago
Opel,
If you want to discuss whether it's racist to call a black lady a wookie (versus calling a white lady one), then I truly want to hear your reasoning.
What is it about the wookie, or about the person, that makes you think the two are being equated for color?

Are wookies black? I thought they were just covered in fur. Does that make dogs black?

But I don't want to put words in your mouth.
Let's hear it from the source. What trait makes you think the comparison is based on race?

I could say "she's ugly."
And you could cry racism. And some would agree.

So is it just your typical idiotic knee jerk response to everything? Or do you have a specific reason to compare the two?

opelmanta1900
8 years ago
Ping cbid staff and ask any black person on staff if they find the term racist..
tailgater
8 years ago

I have never seen a white furred wookie. Why not call her a Yeti? It is a shame the term stuck. It is juvenile. It is hate filled.

Speyside wrote:



I agree.
And I will not perpetuate the slur because it is childish. I've admitted this already.

tailgater
8 years ago

Ping cbid staff and ask any black person on staff if they find the term racist..

opelmanta1900 wrote:



At least you're not repeating yourself.

Idiot.

opelmanta1900
8 years ago
Shut me up and do it then...
opelmanta1900
8 years ago
You're so certain it isn't racist, shut me up, get a black person to agree with you...
Speyside
8 years ago
Not directed at you Joe, more of an add on to your comment.
tailgater
8 years ago

Ping cbid staff and ask any black person on staff if they find the term racist..

opelmanta1900 wrote:



You see only color.

You are indeed a very stupid person.

Dumber than a sock filled with sh*t.
With apologies to the sock.
And the sh*t.


tailgater
8 years ago

Not directed at you Joe, more of an add on to your comment.

Speyside wrote:



No, you were 100% correct.

But I wasn't arguing that she should be called anything.
Just that a particular term shouldn't be assumed to be race related. Although it certainly can be, as evidenced by the raving lunatic trolling us.

bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
8 years ago
This thread is getting good.
opelmanta1900
8 years ago
It would get really good if tail would stop being a p*ssy and solicit the opinions of some black people...
tailgater
8 years ago

You're so certain it isn't racist, shut me up, get a black person to agree with you...

opelmanta1900 wrote:



If I thought that would shut you up I would do it 1000 times.


opelmanta1900
8 years ago
Just do it once!
victor809
8 years ago
Apparently the "chewbacca" comment originated in the media from a conservative radio host Jimmy Lakey.
He's from colorado... so likely is trying to avoid black people because he thinks they all have sickle cell anemia....

He was not clear on why he believed calling her chewbacca was appropriate. But he is on tape also laughing when one of his callers said she looked like an ape.

None of this is rocket science, and none of it really needs to be debated endlessly. The costuming for chewbacca was reminiscent of an ape. Look at photos of the two. Jutting jaw, heavy brow, elongated canines, significantly stronger than humans, elongated arms. It is pretty clear to a lot of people out there that this is just a way for people who want to say she looks like an ape, to say she looks like an ape without being called racist for saying a black person looks like an ape.

Then they get all butt-hurt because everyone can see through the super thin ruse....
opelmanta1900
8 years ago
I'm not trying to win anything here tail... i think it would be incredibly helpful for you to hear from a black person - any black person - to hear from them what it feels like to hear a white guy call a black woman a wookie...
tailgater
8 years ago
I'd like to issue an apology to any people of color reading this thread.

Most CBid posters do not think that African Americans are violent. We do not think that we'd need hospitalization if we were to solicit your opinion on anything, even it were potentially of a racial nature.

Opelmantra does not represent our community.
Heck, he doesn't even represent men in general.
He's a blight on an otherwise happy community of people who smoke cigars and like to debate issues. Usually with dignity. Sometimes with humor. Occasionally with logic. And never, ever funny. Unless Frank says it's OK to LOL.



opelmanta1900
8 years ago
^you forgot to accuse me of being a pedophile...
Users browsing this topic