victor809
6 years ago

I don't think Russia was ever a direct democracy in terms of voting either, and I don't think if they voted for "delegates" or an electoral collage they would have been any less communist under anyone from Lenin and Stalin through our new buddy Putin. I agree with vic an jj in #79.

The electoral college (sp) is supposed to save us from letting the emotions of the day get in the way of the long term good of the future. It is based on one person one vote is great to an extent, but the masses cannot be fully trusted and we need the adults to protect us. It failed and is failing. Something insidious has been happening for decades and it is manifesting in front of us.

teedubbya wrote:



An interesting aspect of the electoral college is the argument that it is needed to ensure that the rural areas aren't forced to just go along with whatever the highly populated cities decide.

But due to a bit of gerrymandering and a bit of what I can only assume was an inability to envision a population density we have currently reached, we almost have the opposite. The nation as a whole is currently forced to go along with whatever the rural areas want.

Neither of these situations is ideal, or even sustainable.
teedubbya
6 years ago
The electoral college (been lazy in my spellun) hasn't really done what it is supposed to as of late (last 20 or so years..or really ever) but I don't think its really had a negative impact either. Popular vs electoral college doesn't phase me much. Semi autonomous electoral college is where it is at. I'd love to see that work as designed. Heads would explode.
DrafterX
6 years ago
We need an exploding head smiley thing... 😟
teedubbya
6 years ago
name it mars attack
DrafterX
6 years ago
DrafterX
6 years ago
Maybe Victor will ask Shana... 😟
teedubbya
6 years ago
actually it should be named Slim Whitman
victor809
6 years ago

Maybe Victor will ask Shana... 😟

DrafterX wrote:



Shana doesn't love me any more. Prolly should have ram ask for it.
CelticBomber
6 years ago
I'm still suck in the other thread where everyone was defending the chick with the DUI's.... if Obama had picked ANYONE with multiple DUI' s for dog catcher this board would have exploded.


🍵

Kodiak0809):(
6 years ago

I'm still suck in the other thread where everyone was defending the chick with the DUI's.... if Obama had picked ANYONE with multiple DUI' s for dog catcher this board would have exploded.


🍵

CelticBomber wrote:


You sound like a communist.

BLOCKED
victor809
6 years ago

I'm still suck in the other thread where everyone was defending the chick with the DUI's.... if Obama had picked ANYONE with multiple DUI' s for dog catcher this board would have exploded.


🍵

CelticBomber wrote:



hell celtic.... before obama was even a candidate people here had a much more critical view of DUIs. There were plenty of threads advocating all sorts of terrible things be done to people who got DUIs, let a lone multiple DUIs. None of those terrible things included being give the job of Press Secretary.
ZRX1200
6 years ago
https://outline.com/Eb8GrV  and I would say a character test of the cabinet members would be interesting. Especially since the web has been largely scrubbed for Barry.
DrafterX
6 years ago
And his wife... it's like she never dumped sewer sludge on da White House grounds and started a garden in it... 😟
Speyside
6 years ago
I don't know, being press secretary for Trump seems horrific to me. Know you are an Aethiest so consider this absolutly hypothetical. Victor dies and goes to hell. He finds out he has to be Trumps press secretary for eternity. What could be more horrific? Rescuing sick little dogs that **** and piss on your floors daily? Having to read philosophy by Tail continuously? Being the preacher for Evangelical Christians for eternity? Finding out there is a God? You know a dislexic friend of mine had that experience recently and did that shake him up. I asked him what happened, he said he heard the BARK!
victor809
6 years ago

I don't know, being press secretary for Trump seems horrific to me. Know you are an Aethiest so consider this absolutly hypothetical. Victor dies and goes to hell. He finds out he has to be Trumps press secretary for eternity. What could be more horrific? Rescuing sick little dogs that **** and piss on your floors daily? Having to read philosophy by Tail continuously? Being the preacher for Evangelical Christians for eternity? Finding out there is a God? You know a dislexic friend of mine had that experience recently and did that shake him up. I asked him what happened, he said he heard the BARK!

Speyside wrote:



all that makes me glad there's no afterlife.
DrafterX
6 years ago
But there's afterbirth... 😟
teedubbya
6 years ago

But there's afterbirth... 😟

DrafterX wrote:




which makes great fertilizer
victor809
6 years ago

which makes great soup

teedubbya wrote:



FIFY
Users browsing this topic