RayR
5 years ago
Q parrots 🦜 and climate crisis alarmists

Rice farming consumes CO2, rice is a water grass, a plant, plants make their own food, CO2 is one of the critical raw materials that plants need for photosynthesis to make their food and yours. Plants excrete O2 as a waste product of their metabolic cycle, good for people that like breathing.
Rice farming being a water culture naturally produces more methane from decaying vegetation under the water.
Nature is a chemical factory, it produces lots of stuff—deal with it.

The Union of Concerned Scientists, far leftist climate crisis doom and gloomer profiteers and political lobbyist insiders pushing an anti-capitalist agenda. Beats working at an honest job for a living I guess.
DrMaddVibe
5 years ago

Would anyone believe me if I said Berkshire Hathaway Energy owns 19% of the natural gas pipelines in the USA?

HockeyDad wrote:



Of course.

Diversification = profits

He can't effectively run it all on rails, more mess. Nor trucks, more accidents. Pipeline serves for the long distance and best alternative. If a lot of doom gloomers actually read up on how many pipelines...natural gas, petroleum and a host of others were under the ground or in place today they would get onboard with the XL pipeline. Instead they believe politics instead of common sense.
teedubbya
5 years ago
Been reading quite a bit about this lately to try to get a better understanding of the facts and the politics. Mostly source documents such as TCs study vs some “independent “ studies. Both indicate there will be spills incidentally it’s just a matter of scope and number.

The eminent domain issues were interesting as well.

Berkshire Hathaway is an interesting company. As is Koch industries who has their own interests in mind. That’s certainly part of the politics. Looks like at least ConocoPhillips no longer is involved. Hathaway may have 25% share in competing interests but who has an interest directly in this?

I honestly don’t know where I fall yet. I guess I’m not a good jet or shark. I’ll keep reading but never know as much as some folks that really work with this stuff. Don’t care about the left wing or right wing news or pundits though. Don’t really care what they want me to think.
teedubbya
5 years ago
Caveat. I didn’t look up berkshires ownership, just trusted HD.
teedubbya
5 years ago
ConocoPhillips already got their coin
teedubbya
5 years ago
I’m going to keep digging to learn more directly before I settle. Y’all do what you want but I’m not interested in some of the biased articles and opinion pieces from the left or right. Equally bunk.
DrMaddVibe
5 years ago
You can do whatever you want. Read, learn, get a doctorate. It no longer matters.

Its already been settled.

Politics over Science wins again. If you oppose it, you're a heretic.
HockeyDad
5 years ago
I wouldn’t waste the time. Keystone XL is dead. Biden isn’t asking for anyone’s opinion.
teedubbya
5 years ago
It seems to shift back and forth from what I’ve seen politically and I’m not really looking to give an opinion or have a political spaz attack. I’m just want to learn. Y’all sound like learning truth is somehow bad lol.
RayR
5 years ago


The last part summed it up well:

In short: Without the pipeline, railroad capacity will grow, overall safety will decline, and economic costs will be higher. Who would benefit from that outcome?

These realities demonstrate that the opposition to Keystone XL is almost wholly ideological, driven by a quasi-religious abhorrence of fossil fuels and the wealth, human wellbeing, and independence from government coercion that they facilitate.

Perhaps a journalist might ask Biden to explain his reasoning, and how that rationale was informed, or not, by the truths summarized above.


teedubbya
5 years ago
And it won’t be the last time something similar happens politically. Maybe having a better view of things than what my line of “news” flow says will help me understand what is happening on another subject later.

It’s how I think. I’m not interested in the emotion of it or planting a flag and defending no matter what even when it means defending the absurd. I do like watching others do that though. It’s not only educational it’s amusing and fun.
teedubbya
5 years ago
What is XL something like phase 5 and the other 4 phases are complete.

Seems to me like the issue is a bit inflated by both sides.
DrMaddVibe
5 years ago
What did you think all of that footdragging the Obama administration did with their studies...to drag out more time...allow more suits...and proclaimed all of the non-sequiturs to show the low impact of this pipeline?

Like I already said...Politics over Science. It's a trend.



Here is a dirty little secret...Science NEVER wins over Politics.
HockeyDad
5 years ago

It seems to shift back and forth from what I’ve seen politically and I’m not really looking to give an opinion or have a political spaz attack. I’m just want to learn. Y’all sound like learning truth is somehow bad lol.

teedubbya wrote:



The truth is it is cancelled. That’s all the truth that is needed.
DrMaddVibe
5 years ago

The truth is it is cancelled. That’s all the truth that is needed.

HockeyDad wrote:




Forget it...he's rolling.
HockeyDad
5 years ago
It’s a fence post junket.

Prolly more useful to study the ramifications of global warming and the ill fated journey of the Titanic.
teedubbya
5 years ago
Lol HD. I like and make fun of the histrionics too, just like you. It’s funny when emotional folks make broad declarations as fact and consider it done then try to pass it off as somehow smart. Blinders make people amusing.
HockeyDad
5 years ago
Well let me know how your fact finding journey goes.

Spoiler alert: It is cancelled for at least four years unless we can figure out how to ship Chinese solar panels through it!
DrMaddVibe
5 years ago
Everyone always forgets about Burisma.
Users browsing this topic