wer
  • wer
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
23 years ago
Does anyone know anything about this or plan on attending? Apparently it is going to take place on Nov. 22. My local guy told me that he was going to put me on his guest list (with is somewhat of an honor, or at least a heck of a nice gesture). Only one Fuente dealer per city was asked to take part. Given the size and number of shops in Houston alone makes me consider myself lucky to have a good relationship with this guy.

I guess he will be sending more details later, but the way I understand it there are going to be 50 stores in 50 cities that are allowed to partake (my guess is that you guys in rural areas are out of luck). It is going to cost $50 per person and each participant will receive one Opus X and one Diamond Crown in sizes that are unique and not commercially available.

The plan is that everybody fire up at the same time (staggered for time zones) in a type of herfers unity. All of the money is sent directly to Fuente (no cut taken by the stores organizing each group) and the $125K is used for charitable causes in the Dominican Republic.

My local guy is providing some drinks and snacks and he believed the value of the cigars alone would be about $40+. Plus, it all goes for a good cause which is the real motivation.

Now I may have some of the details wrong, but if anybody else is taking part or knows anything more I'd love to hear about it. It would be fun if several of us from the board took part
Deriffe
23 years ago
You are very lucky indeed. Those unreleased sticks are true treasures. It also goes to a great charity. The CFCF (Cigar Family Charitable Foundation) is involved in doing great things for the kids of the Dominican Rebublic. The latest effort involves setting up decent drinking water, building schools and offering a chance at an education not only for the kids but also for their parents. You can get more info at the cigar family website.
wer
  • wer
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
^top

we're getting closer
BMW
  • BMW
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
wer, are you going it alone? Put your money down did ya?

Barry
mrtelcom
22 years ago
There are 2 shops participating in Atlanta, and I think they are already about 80% sold. I will not be attending, I rarely leave Rancho Mrtelcom.
redneck1
22 years ago
I would attend but my local Fuente shop is not a host.

Here's some info on the cigars.

The cigars chosen for this event are an unreleased Fuente Fuente OpusX and an unreleased Diamond Crown Maximus cigar both made by Arturo Fuente. These cigars will have special bands signifying this great event. The Fuente & Newman families have donated these fine cigars to raise $250,000.00 for the Cigar Family Charitable Foundation.

Here's what CA had to say.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Daily/CA_Daily_News/0,2342,893,00.html 

cruiser
22 years ago
My Shop is sold out fo over a month $ 85 with Dinner and free open Bar till midnight.Amen light them up!
rmarrandino
22 years ago
Penguin, dkornaus, and I are going to the one in Downers Grove, IL. It should be fun.
BigJim3793
22 years ago
I'll be at the one in Phx.

Jim
ajeroth
22 years ago
I'm attending the one here in Colorado Springs. It will be my first Opus X and my first DC Maximus. I'm looking forward to it. It will also be my first Cigar Event aside from herfing in the backyard with some friends...

ajeroth
gorob23
22 years ago
I haven't heard anything about this in Los Angeles? Choner you hear anything?
gorob23 at yahoo dot com
al'Thor
22 years ago
Anyone in the Dallas area doing this? I hate to go alone...
tonester666
22 years ago
Ethan come on up to St Louis. I'll attend with ya.
rasdas
22 years ago
Closes one to me is Albuquerque at 286 miles...then Tucson at 335 miles...looks like no Fuente event for me...

Bummer....

RasDas

Joe
deadeyedick
22 years ago
I'm going to the one in sunny Scottsdale. It will be my first official herf. Bar and some food will be provided for two hours. Toast 'em!

DED
wer
  • wer
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
^top again.... because we're getting closer and....

I've got a question for those of you attending. Do you plan on smoking the limited etd. Opus and DC Maximus they hand out at the event?

I'm mixed. While it seems appropriate to fire up one of these celebratory cigars designated for the event I haven't had too many $25 cigars in the past. A noisy bar with 50-100 other smokers gabbing, eating greasy snacks and swilling beers is probably not the best environment to explore the subtle nature of these high quality smokes. Plus a little aging is likely to help them considerably.

I'll probably fire one of the two up and have other smokes on hand for the rest of the evening.

What do you all plan on doing?
ajeroth
22 years ago
Me? I'm going to fire up the OpusX. I can't wait. And I might pick up a few more at the shop for the evening and save the DC MAXIMUS for later. Who knows I might bring some Sherpa Diablos with me if CBID ships fast enough.
rmarrandino
22 years ago
Part of me wants to experience that X, but the other part of me says that the cigar will be better taken care of by someone who can appreciate it better.
HockeyDad
22 years ago
I would smoke them both that night. It is the nature of the event after all. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend so have one for me....I've seen pictures of the special cigars they'll be giving out and they look pretty cool.
cruiser
22 years ago
I save this suckers and take some hemingway and other fuentes with me to smoke got a lot of them anyway.Amen
Users browsing this topic