voodoosooner
22 years ago
just wondering what the rule is on this
Gb
  • Gb
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
'til your lips burn...
AZ-Ron
22 years ago
As long you are enjoying it...
AZ-Ron
xrundog
22 years ago
Until you are tired of smoking that DR. Or until you singe your moustache!
Gb
  • Gb
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
Just kidding, but it's a question of taste as it gets stronger as you smoke it further down. Some don't like the build up when it gets down to the nub, but I like to smoke them down to about an inch... right when I can feel the heat on my fingers.
SteveS
22 years ago
down to an inch? ... gosh, with a tasty cigar, I go down to far less than an inch ... and in the case of a REALLY good smoke, I've been known to stick a toothpick in the nub and smoke that puppy to a small fraction of an inch ... of course, I've also been known to leave an unsmoked robusto-sized nub if the cigar turns out to be less than wonderful ...

The only rule that applies in this case is what YOU like ... and what any of the rest of us likes or doesn't like is moot
Gb
  • Gb
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
Steve, I was giving a general idea (an average) as I too have been known to burn my beard on my cigar. Actually grabbed a roach clip to finish one off once as well (lord only knows why I would have a roach clip anyway)
0patience
22 years ago
Smoke em as long as you want.
Some I will only smoke til I burn my fingers.
Others, I burn my lips. LOL!
It is all a matter of personal preferance. 😉
usahog
22 years ago
Depends on the Cigar.. Some don't even make it past the first half inch on the wrappers.. while others I wished I had a Pipe to finish them off with!!!!!

Hog
SteveS
22 years ago
Hog ... just toss those nubs in the fire ... that'll allow you to enjoy the entire cigar and it gives the whole neighborhood an aromatherapy ...
limoric
22 years ago
With most non-premium and non-isom, I rarely make it past the 1/2 way point. and I've never smoked one of those twice. With the good stuff, usually to the nub.
gorob23
22 years ago
I almost ate those really, really, bad Buc's that fbcoach and Maddvibee gave me they are horrible ...send them to me and I will destroy them for You
Cigarick
22 years ago
I've had a couple that didn't make it past the first inch, a few that got tossed around the halfway mark, and maybe half-a-dozen that got nubbed. Most seem to get too nasty to continue somewhere between 1/3 and 1/4 of the way down. Smoke slow.
sohard2c
22 years ago
I havea very old Roach Clip from days gone past that I use on my Bucanneros. Most of the others I smoke until they start tasting bad.....with some that is going to be a longer smoke than others. I tend to burn my fingures on mt Cuesta Rey's and La Gloria's.
DrMaddVibe
22 years ago
I have a hooka that I use on those occasions when I just can't let go.
tonester666
22 years ago
till it hurts.
Lowman
22 years ago
I smoke until I don't enjoy it anymore. If it is starting to "bite" my tongue... I call it quits. It may be 1/2 way down or down to a 1/2 inch nub !!

Low
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
What Low said.
Sonny_LSU
22 years ago
Until the smoke starts burning me.....could be 1/2 way or to the nub. Depends on the stick. Also, even though some guys seem to want to ingest every last bit, I find that many smokes get too harsh towards the last 1-1 1/2".

But, if something hasn't developed by the first 1/3 taste wise, I'll pitch it.
Fubar69
22 years ago
I usually put it out when I get to the belly button 😉..69
Users browsing this topic