mitb
  • mitb
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
22 years ago
I am giving a friend of mine a few ISOM Monte 4's for his holiday party this Friday. He told someone he works with that he is bringing these and the guy said to him "Thanks for the Monte 4 but I prefer a Monte 2 piramide." WTF is that?! He doesn't even have a freaking White Owl to bring with him and he's being a D*$% about not getting a Monte 2 instead of a Monte 4 for free! I have a few Monte 2's that I had put away for a long nap but I'm planning on pulling one out and giving it to my friend to fire up in front of this a$$hole.

How would you respond to this guy?
Steve*R
22 years ago
First of all, this all sounds like hearsay. I wouldn't give it a second thought. Secondly, if these cigars are for a party, it's generally overkill to give out Cuban cigars. They'll go to people who won't enjoy them. Buy a few inexpensive, nicely presented Dominicans for the party. Give your friend a Monte #2 at another time.
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
F#$K 'em. Give him a Bad Frog with a Monty 2 band on it...he prolly won't even know the difference, the ingrate!

What Steve said actually.
SteveS
22 years ago
What Steve*R said ...
xrundog
22 years ago
I would say "Gee, sorry, all I have is the 4s". Then I would simply leave him smokeless.
xrundog
22 years ago
By the way, if you offered me one, I'd go get you a plate of food and something to drink. Then I would intro you to the hottest woman in the office!
JonR
22 years ago
Yo mitb: The man simply stated what he preferred however to be on the safe side I would kill him anyway. JMHO JonR
Slimboli
22 years ago
The the two Steve's said ... and to add to it ...

... it seems to me that all he said, was thanks for the #4's, but I prefer #2's ...

I may be wrong, but all he did ... was say what 90% of the folks that I know who smoke Cuban Monte's would say ... it's just them letting you know their preference of the most popular vitola.
mitb
  • mitb
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
22 years ago
Thanks for the opinion guys. This guy does not smoke cubans often, I believe only when he is gifted them by someone else. He did say it like he was belittling the gift and saying that he would be happier if he was given a 2. I'm with him on prefering the 2 over the 4 but if someone is going to give me a 4 I'm not going to belittle the gift.

I like xrundog's idea. BTW If you'll run that plate of food to Pittsburgh I'll have a 2 waiting for you instead of a 4! 🙂

I think what we're going to do is give out the 4's to everyone but this guy and then have my friend fire up the 2 right in front of him. Maybe next year he'll just say thanks I appreciate the gesture.
osage
22 years ago
Put the Montie #4 band around a similar looking stick and present it to him. He probably won't know the difference.
Robby
22 years ago
some people just need killin...
tailgater
22 years ago
Break the "4" in half.
Give him one half, as his "#2".

And shove the other half up his ass.
arwings
22 years ago
Sounds like a really pretentious statement to me. I question if the guy even knows cigars at all. Appears to be a "sound bite" in the sense that he may have very limited knowledge of the brand and is trying to "talk the talk" based on something he may have read somewhere. Just a thought...............
Go Stars!
22 years ago
TAILGATER SAYS IT ALL! Amen, brudduh!

Wow! I'd fume a little, too...What XRUNDOG said both times...

Give the guy a BUBBLEGUM stogie FIRST, then pass out the 4's to everyone else!
eleltea
22 years ago
Pardon me. Have you any Grey Poupon?
mitb
  • mitb
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
22 years ago
Here's what we've decided to do. The Monte 4's are going to be given out to everyone but he's getting a "special" cigar. 🙂 I have a Cohiba Havana band that we're going to put around a dog rocket that I have sitting in the tupperdor for just such occassions. It's a much larger cigar than the Monte 4. We're going to tell him that since he really enjoys cuban cigars we wanted to give him a special cigar not a regular old cuban that everyone else is getting.

We'll see just how much he really knows about Cuban cigars. My bet is that the Cohiba band will make it the best cigar he has ever smoked and will walk around the place showing off his "premium" cuban smoke. 🙂
Ridgerunner65
22 years ago
Sounds like a plan
However, what if he does know his Cubans? If someone pulled that sh*ft on me, I might take extreme offense... It doesn't seem as if you know him well enough to risk it. However, if you have a reserve cigar in case he does know, you might be able to laugh it off. Just my 3.5 cents
snowwolf777
22 years ago
Let 'em smoke Lone Wolf.
tailgater
22 years ago
Sometimes I put an old Havana band on my cheapo cigars when I smoke them.
It really does make them taste better...

It's like kissing an ugly chick on halloween. Only YOU know what's under the mask...
Ridgerunner65
22 years ago
Tailgater. That post gives me a good chuckle.
On occasion I've thought of very carefully removing bands before storing/aging. ["Dang that was good! I wonder what it was..."]
Users browsing this topic