jstiltner
22 years ago
Is there a 12 step program out there? I think I am hooked. I cant seem to stop buying cigars. I figure that I am beating them on shipping by having everything shipped weekly so what is another $15 or $17 bucks. Someone throw me a rope please........ too late, 20 more cigars won.
chipslave
22 years ago
*sigh* ANother one bites the dust... Just give in and go with it for awhile. I have a pretty big collection as well. Just trying to get the CC bill back in order, but its... so... tempting... must... resist...

:)

chipslavew
Slimboli
22 years ago
... here we go again ... 😉
jstiltner
22 years ago
Thank God I use a debit card for these purchases. I wonder what the most someone spent in a week was. I am approaching $300 this week.
beta362
22 years ago
jstiltner, i feel your pain! that's EXACTLY what goes on in my mind, i'm saving on shipping!!..."what's another $12 here or $23 there??" the problem is when there's about 7 or 8 of those "little" amounts here and there.
and then "HEY! there's a box of Connecticut Yankee for $35...that's a steal!" even though i've never even tried one!
it adds up man...it allll adds up

CBid should give us DISCOUNTS!
beta362
22 years ago
oops, i think we might be about to get Slim-slapped!!
jstiltner
22 years ago
The worst is that I wasted $80 on a 100 ct humi because at the time I only had 18 sticks coming to me at that time. By tomorrow night, I will blow by the capacity of the humi. Now I have to try to pawn it off on a unsuspecting friend, take a little loss, and either buy a 250-300 ct humi or make one of those cooladors. Read a lot of good things on this site about them.
puskarich
22 years ago
The worst thing you could do is bid ONCE. After that, you spend the rest of the week bidding on other items to "save money" on those shipping costs.

I'm a good boy until I fall off the wagon. However, when I fall....I fall hard.
contendertotes
22 years ago
what's a coolador?
jstiltner
22 years ago
You know... one of those cooler/humidors. Maybe I am spelling it wrong but I seen it spelled a couple different ways on this site. I seen a picture of one someone made with it standing on it side so it opened like a fridge... the guy is now my idol.
watch_guy
22 years ago
I'm partial to the tuppador myself....they're stackable. ;o)

When you find that 12 step program make some room for me will yu. I was just going to lurk around awhile, get the lay of the land. Yea right! I win more lots each day (I'm up to 4 and I started 4 days ago...do we see a pattern here?). No end in sight!!!!
bassdude
22 years ago
stilts keep your humi. then make a coolerdor. if you are not ready for that a tupperdor or sweaterboxador works also.

i started the same way filled my 75 ct went to 33 ct filled it went to sweaterbox filled it went to 58 qt colemen filled it started another sweaterbox - now it is full. looking at the 100 qt cooler now.
jstiltner
22 years ago
The tuppador??? After a week on this site, it just hit me what one is. I am thinking a small tupperware ware the size of a shoe box or something you put leftovers in. I just tripped over my stackable rubbermaid boxes in my room and it hit me. Maybe we can call them rubbadore??
bassdude
22 years ago
that should be went to 300 not 33
jstiltner
22 years ago
Bass.... 100 qt cooler?? A dwarf could use that as a walk in. (Hope I didnt offend anyone with that dwarf comment)
Buddha Daddy
22 years ago
Yes, keep the humi. As with Bassdude I started with a 150ct then a 300ct on to the 600ct only to add a 6'x18"x12" converted health club locker, 6 jars, 4 25ct, 2 50ct and a couple of freinds leftover humi space. When my next two cbid orders arrive I will have to break out one of the four coolidors I thought I was done with. I repeat don't get rid of your humi.
fudge
22 years ago
"Bass.... 100 qt cooler?? A dwarf could use that as a walk in. (Hope I didnt offend anyone with that dwarf comment)"

At a little over 3 feet tall I refer to myself as vertically challenged not a dwarf, and I take great offence at your comment. And at 350 pounds there is no way I could walk into a 100 qt cooler (I also have a gland disorder). Unless I greased myself up first, then I might be able to squeeze in.
delarob
22 years ago
I knew I had a problem when my desktop humi was a 175 ct. (shaking ma head)

Though it could have been worse. I've seen a refrigador. If it gets that bad for me, I'm switching to something cheaper. Like crack.
Cavallo
22 years ago
*blinks at fudge*

midgidor???? 🙂
eleltea
22 years ago
Good evening. My name is eleltea. I am a bidaholic.
Users browsing this topic