lofty1
  • lofty1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
The weather was great in TX this weekend. I decided to smoke a few beer can chickens. This is a pic of me next to my little New Braunfels smoker with an IT Cameroon Legend Maduro. The chickens turned out awesome. It's one of my favorite things to smoke on the grill. Sunday night, my wife and I were sitting outside, and I smoked an Exodus 1959 while we enjoyed a mildly warm night. The weather in this area has been great this summer. I'm still getting ready for the cooler nights and football season.

Anyway, now you have a loser face to put with some of the loser posts I provide. I'm not gonna end up seeing a pic of me with a clown face now, am I? I think my face is funny enough as it is!
253365.JPG

Click to View Image97 View(s)

redneck1
22 years ago
Cool!! Beer Butt chicken on the smoker! Going to try that in my N.B. The last time I smoked chicken I placed an aluminum pan over the coal side and filled it with water. The chicken came out very tasty and real juicy.







lofty1
  • lofty1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
I keep the coal side open for easy access to the fire. This way, I can just throw another piece of mesquite on when I need to without trying to access the fire from the side. Sometimes the side door gets stuck once the grill has heated up. I have to admit, though, the water pan does sound like a pretty good idea.
snowwolf777
22 years ago
I love smoking chickens! They're just so darn hard to keep lit.

(OK, I'm just jealous because those look soooooo goooood!).
echo4alpha
22 years ago
lofty,

How far are you from the New Braunfels Smokehouse? That place has the greatest smoked ribs I've ever had. I used to drive there every couple of days while I was in Austin on business.

Man, I miss Texas 😞

E4A
lofty1
  • lofty1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Actually, I live in Arlington. The grill is a New Braunfels smoker, and it has served me well for about 9 years now. Never been there. Guess I have somewhere to eat now when I visit down there.
RDC
  • RDC
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
Arlington? Gonna vote for Jerry's new Stadium?
lofty1
  • lofty1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Hell no! Our taxes are high enough as it is. If I need to see a cowboys game live, I can drive to Dallas. It's not that far. Besides, I prefer to have my friends over during the games so we can smoke and drink and watch the game on the big screen. Also, there's no line for the restroom at my house!
RDC
  • RDC
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
I heard Arlington made its final offer to Jerry "Money Bags" Jones, but I have not heard any response.

Too bad Mayor Laura could not put something together, but there is no property left in Big D to do anything and the scale Jerry wants. The AA Center is a good case in point, great facility, but ZERO parking.
lofty1
  • lofty1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Yeah, I think they've been talking about Fair Park if there was ever going to be a Dallas deal. That would definitely put "da 'Boyz in da hood."

sorry, i had to do it.
RDC
  • RDC
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
Fair Park aka OK Corral? I hate that neighborhood, bad, bad, bad area of the world.

The only reason Jerry considered it was he did not want to say "no" and seem like a racist.

EI
  • EI
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
I smoked two 20lb turkeys on a camp outing once. Took about 10 hrs but damn it was worth it. Love smoked fowl and fish
eleltea
22 years ago
Damn those look delicious.

I smoked a white owl once. Not bad with wild turkey.
RDC
  • RDC
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
depending on which side of Arlington it would not be a bad drive for a herfed chicken, cigars and booze.

I've smoked a pork butt for 4 hours and then in the oven (covered) for another 4...DAYUM good eats!

Same with a brisket...MmmmmmMmmmm

I created my own dry rub and the somoked meats turn out fantastic!!

lofty1
  • lofty1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Hmmm, perhaps I should a host a local herf & cookout when the weather gets a little friendlier. That would be at least a month or so from now. I think I'll see if there's much interest next month.
RDC
  • RDC
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
My neighbor is planning one for sometime in September. My thermo-meter says 100 degrees today, too damn hot!
lofty1
  • lofty1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
So, where are you and your neighbor?
RDC
  • RDC
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
we live next door to each other

:-)


Plano
Jdllizard
22 years ago
Damn,
Now thats cooking!!
Some freinds and I just smoked a Pork butt and a venison roast last weekend, along with a bunch of duck breasts fried in a turkey fryer. MMmmmm Good, me man, me make fire, me cook over fire and smoke cigar, me happy!
John L
Jdllizard
22 years ago
Didn't you play Puddy (Elaines boyfriend) on Seinfeld??
John L
Users browsing this topic