lovelyred
21 years ago
He is a Pit Bull and we adopted him a year ago!! The best dog!! My daughter named him Bookie!
303171.jpg

Click to View Image73 View(s)

gonesledn
21 years ago
i am having a hard time keeping my pit from licking the screen red...she likes bookie

lol,
wes
lovelyred
21 years ago
Isnt he adorable!! he is my baby! He is all ready for winter with his new winter coat (he has almost no hair!) I will have to post pics of him in his coat when it gets colder!! I love Pits! So I see Wes is a man of good taste! Us Pit owners have to stick together!!
Cappa
21 years ago
Have been a pit bull owner most of my life. IMHO they are the bravest most loyal dog you can own. Have never had any of the problems you see in the news. I belive the owners of those dogs are the problem not the dog. cappy
Cappa
21 years ago
Looks like he's a red nose! Very good line of an old family of Pits.
gonesledn
21 years ago
i agree cappy. its all in how you raise the dog. my pup xena, and my son who is 20 months old, are the best of friends. they play for hours, and she is ever so gentle with him.

p.s. sorry for the thread jack

wes
pierce652
21 years ago
Amazing. He looks just like my pit...same markings and even the forward flopping ear. I will have to get a pic.
blackfoot11
21 years ago
hey red, did anybody tell ya ya got a nice.........heh,heh,heh, i better watch it, he might be lurkin! LOL


hey red! how ya been? missed ya. cool dog.

blacky
pabloescabar
21 years ago
I love dogs wit purple eye's...
jetblasted
21 years ago
Where is ole' Lovely Red These Days?
Eclipse_man
21 years ago
Red,
I foster and do Bully breed rescue here in Maryland. We work with allot of pits, bull dogs, amstaff's, and my personal favorite, Rotties. I love all dogs, but these breeds are without a doubt my favorites, I own two rotts, and currently we have 2 pits, a blue girl bonnie, and a gorgeous brindle Ty, I'll post them up here when I get home today!
14theroad
21 years ago
Where is Red????? Haven't heard from her since the Cigarfest tickets sold out. We are way over due for a new pic. Especially with warm weather here.
Cigarick
21 years ago
I love animals, but those dogs should be outlawed.
Eclipse_man
21 years ago
And with people's attitudes like that, they will be! And just like guns, nly the really bad people will have them, and that is not what will help these breeds. What will help these breeds is better breeding control and education. The only reason the rottweiler has not been a victim to the same plight is that it's AKC recognized and therefore still has some breeder integrity an standards. With the bully breeds it's a free for all, and many of the people breeding should not have the right to even own animals let alone breed them. The dogs are sold to the wrong people, and they are used for the wrong acts. Just saying in a blanket statement that they should be outlawed though is very ignorant. Look up the statistics, there are more ****zu and Poodle bites and attacks every year then pit bulls, rottweilers, german shepards, and amstaffs combined. Shall we ban them as well?
Cigarick
21 years ago
Right, but ****zoos and puddles never killed anyone, and when you do hear of a dog killing someone, it's a rot more often than not. I can't even remember the last time I heard of a shep or a dobie killing someone. It's almost always a rot.
Cigarick
21 years ago
Besides, guns don't kill someone when all you do is let them off their leash or out of the yard.
Eclipse_man
21 years ago
Talk to any police officer in the world who uses a rot, and they'd put a bullet square between your eyes before you ever lay on finger on there dog, and that goes for me as well. I have two, and I would not hesitate to protect them well before anyone could touch my dogs. That goes for any of my fosters as well. World ignorance is what gives these dogs a bad rep, and it's people like yourself who buy into the media frenzy hook line and sinker that make things too damn difficult for these animals. Just like the media's coverage on the war in Iraq....all negative. I take both my dogs into pediatric cancer and aids wards in hospitals for visits twice a month, I see it in those kids eyes, they get it, and so do my dogs and any others like them I've met.
Eclipse_man
21 years ago
WTF? guns don't kill people when you let them off there leashes? Then why do kids kill each other with there father pistol when there isn't a gun lock on it? Gun lock= leash, not lock = irresponsible, protective dog not on leash - irresponsible, same difference! All about perspective.
Cigarick
21 years ago
Uh... guns are inanimate objects?

Nevermind. I Googled "attakced killed" with the following breeds, and got the following results:

Pit bull: 101,000
German Shepherd: 92,400
Rottweiler: 30,900
Doberman Pinscher: 588

Just for fun I plugged in ****zu and poodle, but most of those stories were about them being killed by--you guessed it--pit bulls.
cexshun
21 years ago
These dogs are just wired wrong. How many stories have you heard about pit bulls being "perfect dogs that would never hurt a fly". One day, they just snap.

Strangely, everytime I visit someone with a pit, they tell me the same thing.
"He/She won't hurt you, he/she's an angel and a loving dog. Just don't corner them or look them in the eye. They think your challenging them and will kill you."

Well, doesn't sound to safe to me.

I know my parent's neighbors have a pit, and I have forbid my mother to takek my 1 year old son anywhere near that house. The excuse "it's how the owner raises them" doesn't fly with me. But alas, someone always has pits that runs to the rescue. There are exceptions to every rule, but as a general breed, these dogs are genetically wired to kill. Just my not-so-humble opinion.
Users browsing this topic