deadeyedick
21 years ago
Mrs18delta,
Congratulations on your freedom as well.

Did you trade that Rosie I sent you recently or was it consumed in a fire?

DED
18delta
21 years ago
no, that was chris posting on the board.....he forgot to log out as me......


and to answer your question...i would NEVER trade the rosie......

and I "pissed" on the rosie when you sent it and will not LET him consume it in a fire.........

gerilynn


BTW homebrew, i think it is great you have stayed clean all of these years, it really gives others hope to hear a success story every now and then........

18delta
21 years ago
after re-reading ALL of your posts,

if chris would like to "consume" my rosie in a fire for this purpose................i will consent.....

hey they are made to smoke.....as hard as it will be to let it go ...........he will join you.


gerilynn
*ferg*
21 years ago
I am not a mooch, but I was also hooked on the powder, and have been clean for 5 years. I would love to join the smoke on the 15th.

DED email sent, maybe we can do a trade so I do not feel like a mooch.
chipslave
21 years ago
Count me in! I have one left and what a great occasion to smoke it! (c:
bassdude
21 years ago
will be blowin my smoke to the South on the 15th. I can't imagine what an addiction like that would be like and am impressed with all of you that have overcome this.
thsdesigns
21 years ago
I`m in on the herf across cbid. DED, sent you an email for a trade to aquire the proper toasting material, 858 SG. Kudos to you guys/gals who kicked the chemical habit.

Dave
Gandalf
21 years ago
I don't have a rosie, but I do have a sun grown that Delta gifted me. I will smoke it in honor of your (plural) resolve on the 15th of March.

Frankly, I'm amazed at how forthright you all are in talking about your past problems - not an easy thing to do.

I feel honored to be in the fine company of the brothers on this forum.
Homebrew
21 years ago
Congrats on 5 years Ferg,
It is a day to day thing. One Day at a time, as they say. One of the things that helped me, was dropping contact, and moving. I have not contacted any of my using friends, in over 20 years. I changed my lifestyle and the friends with it. But it is without a doubt, that without God, I would be either still using, dead, or in jail. I am careful about who I associate with, and that helps.
As far as sharing my past,
That is part of my recovery. Not only is it part of my recovery to share my story, but to also serve as a mentor, for others who are in an earlier stage of recovery. Early in my recovery, it was very hard for me to share my story. As it is now, I know that people really do not judge you by the sins of the past. But as the person you are today. Especially if they didn't know the person you were when you were using.
Thank Everyone of You, for helping me celebrate my "Birthday", as I was reborn into a new life. The one I live today.
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
gonesledn
21 years ago
hey homebrew,

i know the turmoils involved here. i kicked the white monkey off my back in 1996. i dont miss it anymore, and distance myself from those that do. have seen it ruin many lives. wish i had a rosie to toast with you, but i dont. so it will be a maddie. the thought is there. i wont be a mooch for this occasion, but if your stash allows, i would trade for one.
floorsforme at comcast.net

thanks and congrats,
wes
*ferg*
21 years ago
Homie, it takes a great man to overcome such adversity. Having been around here for only a little over a year it is obvious that you are a great human being, one that makes society proud. A true success, you are honorable, generous, and always willing to help others. I hope that we can trade some fine cigars soon. There are so many here that I have not had the pleasure of conversing with. Hopefully over the next couple of years that will change.

Cheers brother, for I hope you can always have the strength to do what is righteous.
18delta
21 years ago
wes, e-mail sent
18delta
21 years ago
well, WAS GOING TO BE SENT, but i have lost your e-mail

hit me at [email protected]
gonesledn
21 years ago
email sent...
deadeyedick
21 years ago
email returned to thsdesigns and ferg. I will ship soon.

gandolf, No need to feel like a mooch. I would be happy to supply a sun grown and hope to get as many BOTL (sisters also) as possible to take part in this "Toast Across Cbid".

Any more takers?

2runners at cox dot net

DED
bassdude
Jdllizard
deadeyedick
21 years ago
Still have a few to give away.
Come on and join us in the toast.

DED
alaska_badger
21 years ago
As one who is "medically retired" from chemical dependencies, I certainly would burn one to toast a BOTL who was out of the snowstorm. Mine was booze and the "other leaf", and it'll be 23 years for me on Feb 12, so congrats to Dave. Newbie question, so pls forgive... but WTF is a "rosie"?? I don't have much besides cheaper smokes in my hunidor, so I guess I ain't got one... but what do I know? I'M A NEWBIE, fer cryin' out loud!
Lowman
21 years ago
Fuente 858 with a Rosado wrapper. Very limited release. Only certain # of boxes produced.

They look like this:

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/forum/forum.cfm?action=list&forumID=7&messageDisplay=0000000015640 

Low
Users browsing this topic