JStrider
21 years ago
well the job fair for the business school was a couple weeks ago... and I had to get all dressed up in my business suit again... so here I am in my "dress to impress" mode...

and if y'all are wondering I got a couple interviews. I've got a phone interview wendsday,with National Instruments (www.NI.com) I'm going for a summer intern position of Programmer/analyst.
375956.JPG

Click to View Image102 View(s)

Thom
21 years ago
You're looking sharp, man. Nice suit, but the tie... 😉
castlewa
21 years ago
Lookin good. Good luck with the job search and internship.
ryantp
21 years ago
Looking good and good luck.

Here's a rule for three-button suits, though. Starting with the top button and working down, remember these words: "sometimes, always, never".

Meaning: button the top occassionally, always button the middle button, and never button the bottom.

miamibum
21 years ago
Good advice, Ryan.

JStrider, Good luck on the interview!
weich
21 years ago
Good luck. What business school do you attend?
Charlie
21 years ago
"Sometimes, always, never" is some of the best advice you can get from someone when it comes to 3 button suits......I generally go never, never and never, however! Just a matter of taste, and since I am a tie nut I like for my tie to show.

Charlie
John hay Cigars
21 years ago
I like the tie. But then I never knew the button rule until today (thx Ryan). Good thing I don't dress up often.
redsquid
21 years ago
That rule may not apply with this style jacket. The recent style has brought the top button (and base of the lapel)very high. Generally I've seen them buttoned completely. It's very reminiscent of suits of the turn of the century, except current versions omit the vest and seperate collar. A rule that is timeles, and more important (but nobody seems to remember) concerns the length of the pants. You want them to be just long enough for one break (fold)in the front, straight in the back while standing. Most people used to jeans get them too long, because they think it hikes up too much when they sit.
puskarich
21 years ago
That is a clean looking dormitory. The one I stayed in during college was a ****hole.

Good luck on the job search.
JStrider
21 years ago
ryan: I learned the button thing later on that day... this is my first suit... I was told it was so the jacket doesnt bunch up funny when you sit

weich: I go to Texas Tech University in Lubbock TX ,the business school there is the Rawls College of Business

puskarich: yah... its actually the cheap dorm... no AC and it was built in the 30s or 40s... but I got a room with my own bathroom, and ive got a cool roomate and yah... sometimes it looks worse then others... but the cleaning lady for my floor is awesome
John hay Cigars
21 years ago
Texas Tech in Lubbock??? I spent a weekend at the nice little sports bar right down the road from the stadium. Don't remember the name but a couple friendly young ladies there. (I think they just wanted free drinks though.) Oh, well. Not much else to do there. Never did find the zoo. (I think they were messing with me)
JStrider
21 years ago
John thats funny... was the bar bash's? its pretty close to the stadium... and its right across the street from my dorm... so my buddies and I do a bit of hangin out there from time to time...

can't think of any other sports bars near the stadium right now...

and a zoo... i dont think theres a zoo here... unless you count the prarie dog village... but i dont know if thats still around or not...

if ya find yourself in the area again gimme a heads up... can have a smoke and watch the prarie dogs or somethin x_X
stapletonj
21 years ago
I had always been taught w/3 button suits that you can button the top only, top two, middle only, or all three, but never bottom two or bottom only.

who really knows, leave it unbuttoned, that's never wrong unless you are in a coffin! heh heh
ryantp
21 years ago
Strider: actually, you should unbutton when you sit.
John hay Cigars
21 years ago
Strider, It was funny the next day. Once I realize how flat the land is and could no way hide a zoo. They were definately f'ing with me. Why would I want to go to a zoo anyway. I'm from Philadelphia, I can go to the zoo any time I want, If i wanted. Any way another memmory, we got into an argument about Coke and Pepsi. I made the mistake of saying I liked Pepsi. They just happened to work at the Coke bottling factory. Must be the same bar. I will definatley let you know if I make it back. Good luck in the job search.
ryantp
21 years ago
oh, and the tie is great. Looks like DKNY, but I'm probably wrong.
dccrens
21 years ago
JStrider,

If you are interested, shoot me your resume if you like and let me know what you are looking for; type of job, geographic area. I am with SAIC (www.saic.com) and can get it to folks. We have over 3000 openings all over the US and the world for high tech, computers, networks, program management, etc. We are the largest employee own high tech firm in the US. We also high alot of colledge grads, and interns. dccrens at hotmail dot com

Dave

TrannyMk
21 years ago
Hey Man...

You are looking real sharp! Go get em!!!
JStrider
21 years ago
dccrens email sent... thanks a ton!
Users browsing this topic