Schmitty22
21 years ago
Found in my TRASHED check in luggage when i got home. A gift to remember my cigarfest trip and the Allentown airport
390075.jpg

Click to View Image102 View(s)

DrafterX
21 years ago
I received one of these in January when they took my 3 day old torch lighter. When I called to retrieve my lighter it was no where to be found of course. I learned.
Schmitty22
21 years ago
Gandalf
21 years ago
You know the sad thing about your trashed luggage Smitty? Not just that we have to take these security measures because there are people in this world who's sole purpose is to destroy American lives and property. But that some of the people who live here, enjoying the freedoms of democracy, and earning their living performing these tasks, show so little respect for the personal property of their fellow citizens. There is no excuse for such ignorant, deplorable behavior.

'nuff said.
MACS
21 years ago
1) Go to the Army/Navy surplus store.
2) Purchase a 'seabag'/'duffelbag'
3) Use it whenever you plan to fly

Chances are you will not get checked.

My wife and son recently went to Ohio to visit her dad and sister. The airport let me take them to the gate and pick them up from the gate. I showed my military ID and they gave me a security pass. I had my cutter and lighter in my jacket pocket and they let me leave it at the information desk, so I could get it back once I returned from the secure area.

Of course, this is San Diego airport. They are used to seeing military folks.
KNOF
21 years ago
Thats a heck of an idea Sean!
Needless to say, I had carry on for the weekend and Schmitty and others all asked how I got my torch from California to Philly, then back home, all safe and sound in one piece, heheheeee.

coda
21 years ago
Smitty,

What do you mean by "trashed"? Just curious....
coda
21 years ago
"Schmitty, that should be.
Marke@CigarBid
21 years ago
Schmitty.... my soon-to-be father in-law is a TSA Supervisor at the Allentown Airport ( Lehigh Valley International ). I'll ask him "whats up wit' dat?"

Marke

18delta
21 years ago
i will never complain about alabama rednecks again...........

i have never been treated that badly by anyone and not thrown punches.........

that crew at allentown airport was the biggest lot of thug, trash, otherwise unemployable quota-meeting rednecks i've ever seen. i'm pretty sure i could've taken several of them out before going to jail, but it's not worth it. i WILL file multiple comlaints with the TSA.....not that it will do any good.


scum...........

the whole lot of them..........

to top it all off, the stupid bitch did not even know what she was holding when she grabbed a box with "republica de cuba" and HABANOS all over it.....

what an ignorant jackass.........................

i will never fly into that place again.....EVER!!!!!
JonR
21 years ago
Billy Joel - Allentown

Well we're living here in Allentown
And they're closing all the factories down
Out in Bethlehem they're killing time
Filling out forms
Standing in line
Well our fathers fought the Second World War
Spent their weekends on the Jersey Shore
Met our mothers in the USO
Asked them to dance
Danced with them slow
And we're living here in Allentown
But the restlessness was handed down
And it's getting very hard to stay
Well we're waiting here in Allentown
For the Pennsylvania we never found
For the promises our teachers gave
If we worked hard
If we behaved
So the graduations hang on the wall
But they never really helped us at all
No they never taught us what was real
Iron and coal
And chromium steel
And we're waiting here in Allentown
But they've taken all the coal from the ground
And the union people crawled away
Every child has a pretty good shot
To get at least as far as their old man got
But something happened on the way to that place
They threw an American flag in our place
Well I'm living here in Allentown
And it's hard to keep a good man down
But I won't be getting very hard to stay
And we're living here in Allentown
adroomi
21 years ago
TSA suck and the US Government allows them to suck. Even worse, we allow it.

I fought with them 2 years ago over trashing my locks on my suitcases. I mean I literally fought with them. I lost.

For any company, person, or whatever to be allowed to "destroy" personal property and not be held accountable (with Government backing) is unacceptable. I partially blame the airlines in the US for this as well. As a frequent (and I mean at least once every ten days) traveller, I can assure you that this behaviour only happens in the US. You can lock your bags on foreign airlines. If the security folks need to look in your bags they will call you to the side. The inspection process is completed prior to you finishing checking in. If you are travelling from abroad to the US, the check-in folks will STRONGLY advise you to unlock your bag (in case TSA deems it necessary to open it upon arrival, for whatever reason I can't explain).

My recommendation is to get a hard shell suitcase with "TSA Approved" locks. These are a new thing (well, about a year or so old), and they work wonders. The locks are set up so that two types of keys will work, the ones for your bag and a "master" key that TSA have. I now lock my bags in the US, and TSA can unlock them as they wish.

Regardless, TSA suck.
Schmitty22
21 years ago
by trashed i mean opened, dumped out and gone thru and returned in a balled up and stuffed back in my suitcase. When i opened it and thought,

damn, why didnt i just think of balling everything up and zipping it closed. Makes much more since then packing it nicely and folded. Cuts out alot of wasted time. Next time I am gonna do that and cut out the middle man. Maybe leave a note in there "DIRTY , BLOOD STAINED UNDERWARE INSIDE - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK. signed - HIV +"
coda
21 years ago
Schmitty

Yeah, that does sound pretty messy.

I've found several of those little notices in my bags, and sometimes things were noticably disturbed, but not like someone was mad when they did it.

Schmitty22
21 years ago
they had to have just turned it over and dumped it out. and then stuffed it back in when they were done. Stuff on top was packed originally on the bottom.
Deriffe
21 years ago
I've started keeping all the little cards I get and leaving them in the case for the next one. When they open it up they see 15 cards in a pile.
Schmitty22
21 years ago
now thats a great idea!
cexshun
21 years ago
Use this lock.
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/wcsc/targusdefcon1.html 

If the steel cable is cut or tampered with, it blasts a 110DB alarm until you disable it with the combination.
gonesledn
21 years ago
now that would be some funny **** cexshun! imagine that going off for a plane trip...

p.s. how ya doing cexshun, havent talked in a while. have to get together for a herf soon.

wes
Users browsing this topic