SteveS
24 years ago
It was a good description too, Jim ... but Cliffie's response is too funny
jdrabinski
24 years ago
Padron Magnum Maduro is unreal, though everyone knows that. Take it golfing...if you're good, it will last up to about hole 15, but if you play like me, it lasts until you find your ball in the rough on hole 4.
xibbumbero
24 years ago
CJ,I only got a few of these. X
CJBully
24 years ago
melski
24 years ago
My favorites would be: Ashton Aged Maduros (Thanks again, Cliff), Bolivar Fuerte Os, LGC Serie R, the Prensados and El Original. Of course, I really should mention LLMFs, Mayorgas, LREs, Sosas and Internationals (if you know where to get these, please let me know).
rayder1
24 years ago
Hmm...maybe I should try a maduro.
cliffie3d
24 years ago
Slim & Steve, believe it or not, I really didn't realize what I did until after I posted my message!! I wish I could take full credit; that would have been pretty clever if it was on purpose! I think it's harder to believe it WASN'T on purpose!
Anyway, are those initialed cigars really good? Oh yes jey are!
jreddoch
24 years ago
They are the ULTIMATE!
DrMaddVibe
24 years ago
Ultimate LCG Wavells...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
sammydaddy
24 years ago
Alright JR, are you trying to PUNish us now or have you been eating that PUNpernickle bread again.
jreddoch
24 years ago
Just a brief disconnect from reality. All better now.
SteveS
24 years ago
JR ... what was the cause of that disconnect?? too strong a cigar?
jreddoch
24 years ago
Forgetting to sprinkle Prozac over my cornflakes this morning.
fgruben
24 years ago

in your first post you mention the Hoyo De Monterrey prensado oscuro. where can i get one of those to try? i love the hoyo de monterrey, but i could not find a prensado anywhere. is that a name or a size?
fred
Slimboli
24 years ago
Do a 'Google' search using 'Hoyo De Monterrey Prensado Oscuro' and you will find tons of them ...
Slimboli
24 years ago
... and to answer your question, yes, the Excalibur Prensado is the 'toro' size, 6 1/8 x 48.

One you might also want to consider, is the Hoyo De Monterrey Rothschild Oscuro, if you prefer a shorter, fatter style ... and it is not in the Excalibur line up ...

RobertParrott
24 years ago
Slim


I tried the Oliva 'O' Maduro last weekend, it is a GREAT smoke. I bought 2 and lit the second one as soon as the first went out.


May be Cbid can put them up for bid?
Slimboli
24 years ago
Robert --- it took me over a month, but I finally found and scored a box of the Oliva 'O' Ole Maduro ...

... I was told from my source that due to the high demand on the maduro, it would be six weeks before he 'possibly' could get more of them ...

I'm locking these up!
BMW
  • BMW
  • Herf-A-Holic
24 years ago
I'm still wating to find a single of the "O" maduro, so don't go telling me how wonderful they are just yet. LoL.
Barry
SteveS
24 years ago
Barry ... any one ever mention the Olivia "O" to you? ... those are a fine maduro that I'm sure you'd enjoy ... swing by your local store and pick one up when you get a chance ... you'll see what I mean.

lol ... I couldn't resist ... swing by my place this afternoon ... I've got a couple of them and we can puff on 'em while watching the late games or the ESPN game ...

oh, and while I'm thinking about favorite maduros ... I smoked a Bahia maduro last night that was just SO good .... dunno how I left those off my list above ...
Users browsing this topic