jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
24 years ago
Cracked the seal on a box of 9month+ old 5-Vegas bought here on C-Bid. Cello was nice n yellow too; ash stayed on until the dog came to say hello...smoked like a dream all the way to the nub. Medium bodied and somewhat nutty (like me). And to think I almost traded this box a few months back...
48276.jpg

Click to View Image173 View(s)

ceo
  • ceo
  • Connoisseur
24 years ago
JD
I'm working on my last 6 from two boxes I bought 3 years ago.Very good cigar. I don't know why everyone
turns up their noses at them.
fgruben
24 years ago
i have always liked the 5 vegas. the only problem i have is trying to make them last 9 months. i bought two boxes in february, and i have like 5 sticks left.
eleltea
24 years ago
I just got a 5 Vegas hat. It's a great gar for the $$. A little mild for the current condition of my baste tuds, tho. YMMV
Charlie
24 years ago
For the money one of the best of the cigars available to us on CI/CB.

Charlie
GetYourOwn
24 years ago
Damn You! Now the price will go up again.

Whats with the yellow cello. I have a torpedo that is 3 years old and it does not have any yellow. None of my cello is yellow. I have a few cigars with plume but no yellow cello.

I bet LLT could make a song with "yellow cello" as some of the words.
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
24 years ago
LLT, I agree; it's a little mild but it builds just enough to become medium-bodied and keeping me puffing away.

GetYourOwn; don't know; not all mine turn yellow either...but some plume is there. These 5-Vegas had very little detectable plume but held under the light just right, I could see it. I guess it depends a lot on how these were stored at the warehouse and the grade of the tobacco (degree of oils?); when they reach me, they immediately go into an ideal environment (~74 temp/68-72 humi).

Either way, I'll be enjoying these throughout next year as part of my "daily" type smokes, allowing me to ease up on the premiums a little more.
eleltea
24 years ago
Have any of you 5 Vegas smokers tried the Cupido Criollos? Seems to me its just a notch up the strength ladder. You might like it, and you can often get them at a comparable price. Maybe not if you all jump at once lol.
ducati996
24 years ago
I have always enjoyed 5 Vegas' since my first box of double coronas 3 years ago. The torpedos are good, but i like the double coronas the best. DO NOT get the vintage!!
GetYourOwn
24 years ago
But the vintage boxes are sooo nice. My wife takes em and stores her gaudy jewelry in them.

If you accidentally bought some send em to me. I will take them off your hands.
rtatham
24 years ago
Triki Berger makes both cigars, 5 Vegas and Cupido.
jamesconnors
23 years ago
just bought a box of double coronas for 36$ did i get a good deal then guys?
jazzman
23 years ago
The double coronas are my favorite. Just won a box for $25.00. Can't beat that price...
Jeffersonn
23 years ago
hey jazz, we must have been along on that ride together- just got a box of double c's for $25 also (sorry James!)
I have tried the torpedo and the corona. torpedo->good. the corona->really good. i like the shape of the torpedo much better but the flavor of the corona was really nice. Looking forward to trying this new box.
kharzhak
14 years ago
very nice - I'm a 5-vegas man. Any other 5-Vegas lovers still out there?
Rclay
14 years ago
Me. I am a 5Vegas fan. Mostly Series 'A' & Cask Strength.
kharzhak
14 years ago

Me. I am a 5Vegas fan. Mostly Series 'A' & Cask Strength.

Rclay wrote:



I'm with you rclay - right now the series A Apocalypse is at the top of my hit parade!
Rclay
14 years ago
I wish they made a 5vegas series 'A' in a CAO dagger size.
teedubbya
14 years ago
delta1
14 years ago
The Gold is a good am smoke. The Cask Strength is also a great smoke. Usually keep some of each on hand.
Users browsing this topic