MACS
9 years ago

For those who were listening it was explained the wall would be paid for Mexico because of less illegal immigration and renegotiated trade deals... Less illegals means less money out of our pockets for the welfare, medical and deportation costs... I understand if that's a little hard to grasp... 😟

DrafterX wrote:



:-$ You'll only confuse them. Wasn't it reported that illegal immigration is already down by 50% or more?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/9/illegal-immigration-southwest-border-down-70-pct/ 
DrafterX
9 years ago
Yes.. threat of deportation and no more free stuff I guess... 😟
teedubbya
9 years ago
He lost in court. He abused his power. He decided he was the ultimate authority and was wrong. It's ok to agree with his philosophy but in terms of law he was wrong and no longer on the side of law and order.

Maybe he could have appealed....jury....., I it's what whomever wanted blah blah blah. That's all nice speculation and projection but he lost. The decision to do those things is over. He abused his power. Trump pardoned him. The end.

teedubbya
9 years ago
He lost in court. He abused his power. He decided he was the ultimate authority and was wrong. It's ok to agree with his philosophy but in terms of law he was wrong and no longer on the side of law and order.

Maybe he could have appealed....jury....., I it's what whomever wanted blah blah blah. That's all nice speculation and projection but he lost. The decision to do those things is over. He abused his power. Trump pardoned him. The end.

teedubbya
9 years ago
Double post outrage.

Drafter is getting more stretch marks.
MACS
9 years ago

He lost in court. He abused his power. He decided he was the ultimate authority and was wrong. It's ok to agree with his philosophy but in terms of law he was wrong and no longer on the side of law and order.

Maybe he could have appealed....jury....., I it's what whomever wanted blah blah blah. That's all nice speculation and projection but he lost. The decision to do those things is over. He abused his power. Trump pardoned him. The end.

teedubbya wrote:



Abused his power? You do realize that sheriff's are charged with upholding state AND federal law, right? They are.

He continued to uphold federal law when a state judge told him to stop. Does the state judge have that authority; to insist he stop upholding federal law, when he is charged to do so?

As rfenst said... wish it would have gone through the court process. I believe he would have been acquitted.
teedubbya
9 years ago
He was found guilty. The decision was made to pardon him. I don't think he would have won on appeal but even if I did or you do we will not know. He abused his power and was convicted of such.
teedubbya
9 years ago
He was pardoned for a crime he committed. He was told to stop but didn't. He could have gone to court but he didn't. He simply decided his power was greater than theirs. He was wrong.
MACS
9 years ago

He was pardoned for a crime he committed.

teedubbya wrote:



Misdemeanor contempt of court. I still say "so what".

Admittedly because I share his ideals.
Brewha
9 years ago

I have seen him in action. I don't care who pays for the wall. We need to do something about the problem and he's willing to do something.

I have seen politicians lie in the past. His are not new, albeit not under oath... (bazinga!).

You danced around my question, though. Please... show me examples of Trump hating Mexicans, or not respecting our laws.

I want the wall built. I want everyone here illegally thrown out. I want our border as secure as possible. I want every person legally immigrating fully vetted (as my wife was).

Do I hate Mexicans, too? Because I think my Mexican friends would disagree. Even the liberal ones (right, xibbumbero).

MACS wrote:


It is widely accepted and well known that I cannot dance. except by me.
If you don't think these things of Trump by now, you will not change your opinion. Don't ask me to show you the news.

The wall is a red herring that only plays to some.
MACS
9 years ago

It is widely accepted and well known that I cannot dance. except by me.
If you don't think these things of Trump by now, you will not change your opinion. Don't ask me to show you the news. The wall is a red herring that only plays to some.

Brewha wrote:



I don't trust them, so I'd not ask you to show me the "news".

You can't give ONE example. I'm fine with that, because there are none. Just quit trying to blow smoke up my ass. I don't go for that kinda stuff.

I don't like him as our president. He is. And I still say he's far and away better than Hillary or Sanders.
teedubbya
9 years ago

Misdemeanor contempt of court. I still say "so what".

Admittedly because I share his ideals.

MACS wrote:




That's fine but he's still an authority figure who gave no mercy to anyone else committing misdemeanors. He should be held to a higher standard and regardless of his ideals and if I believe in them he's not above the law or the soul determant. He (and you) are even more required to follow the law whether you agree or not.

I don't care that trump pardoned him but joe of all people should know that if you choose not to follow a law or court order because you don't want to don't bitch about the outcome.

You can speed but don't bitch about a ticket. You can come in to the country illegally but don't bitch about deportation. Illegal is illegal...... unless you disagree?
deadeyedick
9 years ago
He was convicted for contempt and was not allowed to have a jury trial by the very judge who convicted him.

He was doing exactly what the feds were supposed to be doing but refused to do during the Obama years and therefore incurred the wrath of the open boarders crowd by going after those employers who staffed their facilities with illegals.

I have a whole bunch of contempt for that kind of justice.
MACS
9 years ago

He was convicted for contempt and was not allowed to have a jury trial by the very judge who convicted him.

He was doing exactly what the feds were supposed to be doing but refused to do during the Obama years and therefore incurred the wrath of the open boarders crowd by going after those employers who staffed their facilities with illegals.

I have a whole bunch of contempt for that kind of justice.

deadeyedick wrote:



Game. Set. Match.

By a brother living in the state, privvy to all the info.
teedubbya
9 years ago
no game set match nor privy to more info than anyone else, and in stark disagreement with the local major press, senators etc.

No need for a pardon then.

BS. Convicted. No further process so everything else is nothing but conjecture and opinion (which we are all entitled and I'm cool with DED not liking the conviction).

He was pardoned for a crime he was convicted of. You may be ok with what he did. You may be ok with the pardon. But those are the facts. Without the pardon he was looking at jail time whether you like it or not.
teedubbya
9 years ago
Dayum. tripple post outrage. I'll delete a couple.
MACS
9 years ago
I'm not saying the guy wasn't guilty of contempt.

I'm saying the contempt was 100% justified, and his pardon was no big deal because of that.
teedubbya
9 years ago
You are cool with the pardon. On that opinion we may disagree but it's certainly not arguable. You think what you think. As do I.

teedubbya
9 years ago
I am against sanctuary cities, think illegal aliens should be deported when found etc. There are many that disagree with me and justify the sanctuary status, working to hide them etc. They are so sure they are right it justifies what they do. In that regard they have something similar to Joe.... and trump.

Its ok to have an opinion that a law is wrong, and even to take contrary action as a result. Civil disobedience is noble.... to an extent.... I just think when you get caught at it there are repercussions. Part of the nobility it the risk. Jo is a whiney **** (kitty cat) not a bad ass.

Even with the morons protesting that get violent on many sides....many sides.... no matter what side you are on the minute you break the law (even if you think justified) and get caught there are consequences.



And one point of law is the Prez can pardon. It's on the up and up and nothing but political at this point.
deadeyedick
9 years ago
^ Not sure where you live but maybe your opinion is based on the news reports you get. I live in Az and have seen exactly what occurred in real time over many years. Yep, he was found guilty by a judge for doing what he was elected to do. The judge refused to allow him a jury trial because the people of this state would have found him innocent.
Users browsing this topic