victor809
9 years ago
And a separate plaque saying "this statue was erected in 19xx by azzhole who wanted to glorify the south in an attempt to intimidate us citizens of a different race. This particular statue was erected with donations from the following azzholes: xXxX, xXxX, xXxX "
DrafterX
9 years ago

If every confederate statue had a plaque on it saying "this guy was an azzhole who wanted to keep slavery in the USA and we have this statue here to remember how much of an azzhole he is" I'm sure everyone opposed to the statues would switch sides and support your desire to keep history drafter.

victor809 wrote:




that solution wouldn't be good enough because the statue would still reamain meaning somebody didn't get their way... 😟
teedubbya
9 years ago
Drafter if you start a go fund me for my General Sherman idea I'll donate ten dollah




victor809
9 years ago
I don't believe you are correct drafter. I believe that would be a compromise the people who want to currently remove the statues would get behind. If you ever bothered reading why they want them removed rather than what fox news says they want....
teedubbya
9 years ago
There is a historical site here where Bonnie and Clyde got in to a shootout with the police. The site commemorates the police who lost their lives rather than bonnie and clyde but still bathes in the history of Bonnie and Clyde. Turns out Police association s are not big fans of anything glorifying criminals sort of like some are not big fans of glorifying the confederacy.

Maybe the statues should discuss the treasonous efforts, fighting to keep slavery (among other things) and the mercy of the north for forgiving their treason and taking the high road for brokering peace. And General sherman should be standing next to them with a bobble head type finger waveing in front of them and audio saying oh no you did ennnt.
teedubbya
9 years ago
All Sherman statues must have an eternal flame however and the inscription "He was an ideal soldier, and shared to the fullest the esprit du corps of the army, but he cherished the civil institutions organized under the Constitution, and was only a soldier that these might be perpetuated in undiminished usefulness and honor."
DrafterX
9 years ago
this would be much easier to talk about over a few beers face to face... I've erased more than I've posted.. 😟
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
Lol, that's cause you type like 5 words per minute.
teedubbya
9 years ago

this would be much easier to talk about over a few beers face to face... I've erased more than I've posted.. 😟

DrafterX wrote:



lol agreed.


laser beam eyes... sherman should have laser beam eyes
Ewok126
9 years ago

this would be much easier to talk about over a few beers face to face... I've erased more than I've posted.. 😟

DrafterX wrote:




Skype, Discord............. Each is free and comes with the ability to even use a camera so as to see each other while drinking the beer and smoking a good cigar during the discussion live. We will call it the Virtual Herf Debate. Need me to set up a room for you in Discord let me know lmaooooo. 😣 😣 😣
victor809
9 years ago
He did... how do you think he burned the south down so easily.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago

Skype, Discord............. Each is free and comes with the ability to even use a camera so as to see each other while drinking the beer and smoking a good cigar during the discussion live. We will call it the Virtual Herf Debate. Need me to set up a room for you in Discord let me know lmaooooo. 😣 😣 😣

Ewok126 wrote:



Sounds like a gamer to me.
teedubbya
9 years ago

He did... how do you think he burned the south down so easily.

victor809 wrote:




the laser beam eyes?


he at least let Atlanta evacuate first.... the city of tulsa did not let folks leave or warn them. And you could read about Sherman's glorious march to the sea forever.... Tulsa not so much until recently
Ewok126
9 years ago

Sounds like a gamer to me.

bgz wrote:




LOL not quite, I use to make 3D models for games with a friend of mine years ago for extra cash. I would make the mesh and he would make the skins or graphics. We would sale them to game companies. That is how we would communicate. 🌫 I guess you could say I made money off of Gamers.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
Interesting. Wonder if you made any models for any of the games I've played.
teedubbya
9 years ago
did you just ask if he made your dill doe?
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago

did you just ask if he made your dill doe?

teedubbya wrote:



Actually, I'm pretty sure he did... big game hunter Halloween edition... there was a deer dressed like a pickle.
Ewok126
9 years ago

did you just ask if he made your dill doe?

teedubbya wrote:




Lmaoooooooooooo Well.........

I doubt it. The two companies I have done work for was There.com and Fortera Inc. Both was a 3d virtual world environment. There.com was an MMO civilian side and Fortera was for training military, medical, Emergency rescue using the Olive Client. It was fun but long long hours lol. All that I had done was just for spending cash and such. An extra 5 to 6 hundred bucks a month. It helped put groceries on the table here and there lol.
delta1
9 years ago
Another despicable event in America's long history of oppressive and violent behavior towards minorities by whites in effort to maintain and exert their dominance. American history books, mostly Euro/white-centric, avoid describing them, in effort to keep them hidden from view. Why do conservatives get so outraged when any of these actual events are brought out in the open?

And yet any time there is a Black Panther or BLM sighting, it is broadcast negatively all over the conservative news cycle...while when the KKK and white supremacists march, they are shown in a positive way... portraying them as victims exercising their 1st Amendment right while being "attacked" by Antifa...

kinda shapes the narrative and reinforces beliefs for a broad section of the audience



Other examples of actual events hidden from the books:

Mexican Repatriation 1929-1936 (eerily similar to what could happen if the haters get their way with DACA) when 2 million people, about 60% who were young American citizens with Mexican heritage were forcibly loaded onto trains and sent to Mexico. Most did not have any ties to Mexico...

Chinese Massacre in L.A. 1871, seventeen Chinese were killed in LA's Chinatown by a white mob...

These two events occurred when economic times were difficult for all, and nativists blamed the "outsiders"...sound familiar?

Should I mention that "Republican" is the party of Lincoln?
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
Ya Al, I have to side with the libs on this one ;)

Boils down to my belief that history should be taught as accurately as possible without sugar coating it.

Accurate history is important.
Users browsing this topic