RMAN4443
8 years ago
The Red Hen Restaurant.....Is that code for some sort of Russian collusion?
HuckFinn
8 years ago

How about common decency toward our fellow American?

Speyside wrote:



Not easy with Trump constantly running his mouth.
He's set the tone I think.
DrMaddVibe
8 years ago

Not easy with Trump constantly running his mouth.
He's set the tone I think.

HuckFinn wrote:




And his popularity is still climbing.

You should start selling torches and pitchforks!
DrafterX
8 years ago
I still have mine... 😟
RMAN4443
8 years ago

I still have mine... 😟

DrafterX wrote:


You want to sell them?....I know a guy who wants a set....8-[
victor809
8 years ago
If you can't tell the difference between "discrimination" due to a person doing or saying something stupid, and "discrimination" due to being born a different race, sexuality... Then maybe you shouldn't be having adult discussions.

Hell, people are even given a pass on their religion in civil rights protections... Something I don't think belongs, since it's a choice they make.
DrafterX
8 years ago
You wouldn't say that if he wasn't in that wheelchair... 😟
Speyside
8 years ago
Interesting that you would find any form of discrimination acceptable. As far as adult conversations I was unaware that you are an expert on this subject. It seems to me what you are saying is actually your opinion. Here are the facts as I see them. Please feel free to refute them.

1) The gay couples rights were discriminated on by the baker who refused to bake their wedding cake.
2) Sarah Sanders Huckabee rights were discriminated on by the restaurant owner who refused to serve her.
DrafterX
8 years ago
Republicans have become a race I suppose.. 😟
delta1
8 years ago
"no shoes, no shirts, no shame = no service"
DrafterX
8 years ago
damn... 😞
HuckFinn
8 years ago
It's tricky.
The baker felt his religious right was being violated.
The gay couple felt that their right to shop wherever was violated.

Who's wrong?
delta1
8 years ago
According to the SCOTUS, the gay couple. The bakers may choose to refuse to make a cake for religious reasons...
Speyside
8 years ago
So maybe my point has not been clear. Tail comes from the right, Victor from the left, not really suprising. And Huck asks a fair question.

Consider this, hate knows no boundaries. Discrimination is a form is hate. So much hate is flowing in our country. It is disheartening. Perhaps on an individual basis we need to say I will not hate. So to stop rambling and be susinct. My point is this. We are Americans, we are ALL better than this.
delta1
8 years ago
true...true...I'm gonna stop calling people bad names...
RMAN4443
8 years ago

It's tricky.
The baker felt his religious right was being violated.
The gay couple felt that their right to shop wherever was violated.

Who's wrong?

HuckFinn wrote:


no one stopped anyone from shopping anywhere... the gay couple just didn't want to buy any of the cakes the baker had for sale....the baker had lots of other items for sale, just not the cake they wanted... there was another baker right down the road that may have had what they were looking for...


What if a KKK/skinhead group wanted a cake with Hitler and anti sematic messages on it to celebrate Passover? Would the baker be required to make it?
Speyside
8 years ago
I thought you had to buy a bikini and high heels. Don't forget the pearls.
RMAN4443
8 years ago

I thought you had to buy a bikini and high heels. Don't forget the pearls.

Speyside wrote:


Did you just offer me a Pearl Necklace? 😰

Freaky Deaky
HuckFinn
8 years ago

no one stopped anyone from shopping anywhere... the gay couple just didn't want to buy any of the cakes the baker had for sale....the baker had lots of other items for sale, just not the cake they wanted... there was another baker right down the road that may have had what they were looking for...


What if a KKK/skinhead group wanted a cake with Hitler and anti sematic messages on it to celebrate Passover? Would the baker be required to make it?

RMAN4443 wrote:


No. That's not tricky, right? Didn't the gay couple want the shop to make them a wedding cake?

You do see how that's pretty innocuous, right?
And the the baker's convictions? He has every right to refuse.

A Passover antisemitic cake?
Yeah, I think most bakers would refuse to bake that thing.
And undoubtedly some that would bake it for free.

Kosher?
SeaCoast
8 years ago

No. That's not tricky, right? Didn't the gay couple want the shop to make them a wedding cake?

You do see how that's pretty innocuous, right?
And the the baker's convictions? He has every right to refuse.

A Passover antisemitic cake?
Yeah, I think most bakers would refuse to bake that thing.
And undoubtedly some that would bake it for free.

Kosher?

HuckFinn wrote:



Amen... you're EXACTLY right, HuckFinn. brilliant analysis.
Users browsing this topic