Cigarick
22 years ago
You know what I mean--those little cigarette-sized cigars that usually come in a box or tin of 10 or so. Sometimes I feel like having a quick fix without spending 30 minutes on a robusto, like at work. Not really interested in the flavored variety, and I've seen the Macanudos at Sav-On, so I'm assuming there are some good ones out there somewhere Recommendations?
mpingree
22 years ago
Nat Sherman's are pretty good.
lenny4z
22 years ago
I can't tell you which ones I like because the bidding already goes too high. But they definitely are NOT the HdM Excaliburs 😉

-Lenny
lenny4z
22 years ago
I also once had a couple of Davidoffs and they were good

-Lenny
tonester666
22 years ago
Try the Paratagas black prontos.
spence28
22 years ago
I usually keep a tin of the Cohiba Paquinatos (or whatever the heck they are called) on hand, they are a little larger than the cigar-ette sized ones, and they are pretty good. I have also tried the drew estates 3 kings, which are 3x33 and take 15 minutes to smoke....these are also pretty good. Lastly, I have tried montecristo and onyx, in the tiny version...I prefer the montecristo.
RknRmnd
22 years ago
I personally prefer the Montecristo, they come in a small cardboard box and taste is impeccable. Usually lasts 8-12 minutes.
RJ
jdobson
22 years ago
I got into a big mini kick over the last couple years which I am finally just starting to taper out of. Most of the big brands are pretty good. If you like a brand, try the mini.

Look for the ones that are long-filler - Cohiba, Padrons comes immediately to mind. Both go for 12-14 bucks for a tin of six at my local shop, whereas CBidders drive these up much higher for whatever reason. Both of these smoke like smaller versions of their big brothers.

Avoid the really small ones that are 20 or more per tin. These are always dry and are too thin to produce enough smoke for a real gar smoker.

Also, since the good minis price out at $1-2 stick, don't overlook the smaller true cigars such as the Hoyo Demi-tasse (my favorite mini) or the smaller Baccarat (a little bigger than a mini but under $2), which can be had for similar prices. The Cupido Knuckle is a great full ring-guage shorty as well that smokes like a full cigar - just not as long.

Oh, and you are definitely better off with a quality mini at $1-2 than you are with a full-size gar that retails at $1-2 with a plan of no remorse if you don't smoke it all. I tried that too and didn't find much that I liked at those prices - I can get good smokes here at CBid in that range.
SwimNaked
22 years ago
This weekend I was told that the Arturo Fuente tiny tin cigars are made with the same tobacco as the Hemis. Ten year aged is what the guy said. I'll probably try some of those next time I'm around them to buy.
redsquid
22 years ago
I bought the Henry Clays, and was gifted the RYJ petites. While vastly better than cigarettes, both were harsh, and the wrapper flavor didn't really come through like I would have expected. I wouldn't buy more.
ikonoklast7
22 years ago
I've had the HyD Excalibur Minis...didn't really like 'em.

Had some dry-cured Dutch cigarillos called Biddies...didn't like em all that much.

Have some of the RyJ Petite Julietas...but they're only okay.

I DO like ACID C-Notes myself. If you change your mind and want a flavored, the Mayorga Cofee-Infused still actually have tobacco flavor in them.

The Fuente Exquisitos only come in Maduro and are awesome! I've heard they're made from Don Carlos clippings, which I can believe.

Partagas Black Label prontos are another good small smoke that comes to mind.

That's all I know.
mrtelcom
22 years ago
Ikono - (threadjack on) - how come Godfather hasn't been around?
mrkmitch
22 years ago
Have tried, and like, the Padron Delicias, if you like the Padroon x000 series you'll like these. I've also had the Cohiba Pequenos which are a surprisingly flavorful little smokes. Ashton make a good maduro and natty cigarillo sticks, a little too mild for my taste, but you might enjoy them (my sister-in-law loves the maddies). These things usually don't cost too much, best bet is to just go out and try them. I'm sure you'll run across something you like.
arwings
22 years ago
Like the Ashtons, Partagas, and don't overlook the CAO Extremes in the very small size. Fantastic for a brief smoke with a real buzz.
jjohnson28
22 years ago
I just picked up 2 boxes of Bolivar Fuerte "Petit Bolivars" 4.50 x 35 for a great price.They come in both Natural and Maduro wrappers.

Bikenic at Netscape dot Net
jjohnson28
22 years ago
I'll 2nd the Fuente Exquisitos!
SwimNaked
22 years ago
What about the Fuente Cubanitos?
osage
22 years ago
Highly recommend the Fuente Exquisitos.
mrtelcom
22 years ago
I second JJohnson, I have been ordering the Boli Petit's for winter, and have run out of room, 4 boxes so far. Just smoked one tonight while shivering.
Tasty
Cigarick
22 years ago
Wow, y'all CBid BoTL are the best! I've given up on trying to remember all of this, and have started a short-list of 'cigar-ettes I must try soon.' Thanks...
Users browsing this topic