RICKAMAVEN
22 years ago
become "sticks"

i have heard the word used frequently but i don't remember when this "nickname" started and why.
choner
22 years ago
I think we can all guess at why its called a stick. Anything where its length is very much larger then its height or width, is usually called a stick. Like a stick of dynamite, fishsticks, chopticks, stick of gum, a stick of beef jerky, or just a plain stick of wood.
Fatshotbud
22 years ago
Some Australians I once worked with back in the mid 70's referred to some of their smokes as twigs, sticks and branches. These were not cigars though, more along the hand rolled lines.

BUD
SP
  • SP
  • Aficionado
22 years ago
Then there's Dog Rockets..
Suppagus
22 years ago
"Sticks" has been an industry term for quite some time - don't remember when it started.
AVB
  • AVB
  • Aficionado
22 years ago
At least stick for cigar makes alot more sense then herf for smoke(ing).

I was offered sticks 30+ years ago when I first started in the Corps and I thought it was an old term then.
xrundog
22 years ago
If you use the term "sticks", I'm cool with it. For me though, my dogs chew on sticks. I prefer "smokes". Me and Rudyard Kipling.
Users browsing this topic