RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
"Guys this is my last post. If you can't bear to discuss issues without resorting to childish actions like name calling I don't need this board.
I will continue to fight for what I believe, but not with people whose minds are closed.
I wish you all luck.
Wagner"

are you thinking of quiting already. you need thicker skin. when i started this ruckus i was alone on the boards fighting the good fight. i have finally had some reenforcements from names that i won't mention.
if you can't stand the heat, learn to. if you want to preach to the choir, this is the wrong board. if you have the balls to stand and fight, show it and do it.

what the hell do you care what kind of language they use or how nasty they can be, that's the enemy.

fight or flight, man? show me and the few of us what you got.

or leave quietly and don't turn back.
tpottiger
21 years ago
Just because you don't agree with something someone says, doesn't mean you can't enjoy their company...

I'll bet trades have been made between people that can't find one thing to agree on other than what to smoke!

If you don't like it, don't read it...
At least stick around to see what the oink of the day is!
RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
tpottiger

absolutely.
Charlie
21 years ago
Rick

Since when are BOTL enemies? Sorry some feel that way, as I am sick of all the political crap anyway, and will be glad to see it die down, as it does after elections!

Now on to the good stuff sports (baseball in particular), movies, books, music and cigars!

Charlie
RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
Charlie

you postem
i'll readum
jackconrad
21 years ago
My wife and my best freind disagree wih me alot but in 30years we ave not parted yet.
bloody spaniard
21 years ago
YEAH! That's right!
Is it my turn?!

I was a bit harsh & called JackConrad a fool several times for his posts on a Cuban thread AND yet, I still agree with him on his review of the Sherpa orange label among other things. See, we CAN get along!

Let's sing "Cumbaya", and follow that with "We are the world", then top it off with a hearty, "If I had a hammer" as we hold hands.
;^)
pabloescabar
21 years ago
wow jack, my wife won't let me have a best friend like that...
usahog
21 years ago
I'm picking up my toys and going home!!!! Waaaaaaaa Haaaaaaa LMAO!!!

I didn't see anyone call him anything in any posts?? did I miss something??

tpottiger,
"Just because you don't agree with something someone says, doesn't mean you can't enjoy their company..."

"I'll bet trades have been made between people that can't find one thing to agree on other than what to
smoke!"

I've traded or bombed others off this site who have different views on Politics... their views do not make them less of a person... but I will not deal with someone who resorts to blatent ignorance....

Hog
Wagner
21 years ago
USAHOG and Others:

I made sveral statements of my beliefs. If you don't agree attack the statements with evidence where I am wrong or enter one of your own. You don't attack someone personally for their views and beliefs. Perhaps you would you like everyone in the country to share just your point of view? Isn't that a little like Naziism?

You ain't got a discussion going here--just a circle jerk.

Wagner
pabloescabar
21 years ago
hey wagner, I still be waiting for you to tell me who John Lindsay is.
Charlie
21 years ago
Wagner

Cool it and calm down! Don' take everything as a personal attack on your character or person! It ain't that bad on the board here, just a lot of guys from diverse backgrounds who get a little worked up over politics, etc! No Nazis or skinheads (I hope)! I have made some personal friends on this board over the years, and you should be lucky enough to meet some of them at a herf! Brian (uncleb)and I do not agree on politics but we have a lot of mutual interests and are getting together to burn a few sticks at FoxSportsZone resturant in Irvine, CA. We might turn it into a herf with others from the area.....hell, even Rick Maven can join us!

So don't be so thin skinned and enjoy the discussions!

Charlie
18delta
21 years ago
i just had to ask.....

if this is a circle jerk, who then, is the pivot man?

wagner,

don't be a titty baby. noone has fought with rickmaven (well, maybe some have) over politics, religeon, etc., any more than i have. yet, i do not whine about it or take it personally. after all, rick does not even REALLY know me. i mean, alot of his posts have been to yank someone's chain and mine have sometimes been to yank his...yank, yank.....

what would i do if i did not have rick to harass and vice-versa. c'mon, take it easy. as i said, alot of this is just simply for humor's sake. i do not believe that rick REALLY has any significant amount of malice within him.....well, maybe a little......but what the hell, it's just fun. don't be so touchy.....touchy, touchy......
CWFoster
21 years ago
Wagner, one of my earliest posts was a jab at Rick, that by his own admission sent him to the dictionary! But We've since swapped cigars, and he's a genuinely generous guy! I don't agree with his politics, obviously, but I still respect him. (Most of the time! J/K)

Rick, you gonna post some pics of the hummers come springtime?
CWFoster
Users browsing this topic