AVB
  • AVB
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
21 years ago
If you can read this message, thank a teacher.
If you can read it in English, thank a Vet.

A day to reflect on all those that made our life here possible.
couldITbe
21 years ago
Absolutely. Thank you to all our servicemen and women.
DrMaddVibe
21 years ago
Thanks, why is it that people that haven't served are the first to say this?

Being a soldier is a thankless job. Don't believe me? Take a tour of Arlington Cemetary. Take a walk by "The Wall". I knew when I signed up for that it would be a life changing experience and that I might be called into a conflict that would require the Ultimate Sacrifice. My country is deserving of my service and I'm glad I participated.

Saying and doing are two drastic actions. Only one of those two require self sacrifice. Take a second today to ponder just how close we almost came to having someone like Kerry run this nation. A man that had no regard for his actions during a time of conflict. A commissioned officer that knowingly and willingly met with the enemy of his nation and provided aid and comfort.
CWFoster
21 years ago
DMV, AVB have dissagreed on politics on numerous occaisions, but he's an ex-Marine (well, as ex as any Marines ever gets!) and he has my respect for that!
Users browsing this topic