tank71663
21 years ago
Hello to all...I'm sure by now most of you have seen me bidding (TP of Menomonee Falls {WI}). As I am sure you are all aware the "TP" are my initials, but I go by the name of "TANK" (its an old Army thing), the "T" in "TP and "TANK" just worked out that way (my name is Tom).

I've been listening in on the Boards for awhile now (I feel so dirty). I thought it was about time I introduced myself. It has become apparent to me that I'm spending alot of time (and money) on C-Bid so I figured we should get to know each other.

I started out with this passion we call "CIGARS" about 4 years ago, up until this year I enjoyed about 15 gars a year. However, since a friend of mine showed me the way to C-Bid things have certainly changed (yes he's still a friend). After 10 months and about $1500 later I'm now up to 2 or 3 gars a day with an inventory of about 350 in my coolerdors. Thanks to the Boards I was able to make these myself (the coolerdors, not the gars)


I like to try as many different ones as possible but I always seem to keep coming back to my fav's:

Indian Cameroons
Gurkha
CAO (Brazilia)

However, I'm looking forward to a pair of gars I recently won at my local shop...2 Opus X (I'm thinking X-Mas & New Years).

So ther you have it...I'm open to any and all advice on any and all topics. I will do my best to follow the rules of the Boards, as I've seen what happened to those who didnt. I know as a "Newbie" I'm sure to make some mistakes but I'm confident someone (or many) outthere will set me straight when I need it.



Quote from unknown source:

"In the end, every cigar goes up in smoke...
So enjoy the moment, for it will not last long..."

Looking forward to hearing from all........ TANK
baracuda
21 years ago
Tank,
As I was told recently, " Welcome to the madness ! "

If you would like to do some trading, go to the trades board and post under ( NEWBIE TRADE ) I'm sure some of the Vets will respond.

Cuda,
snowwolf777
21 years ago
Glad you're here, Tank! Might as well go buy the big coolador now and give in to the irresistable force.
thurson
21 years ago
Welcome Tank...resistance is futile.
dapperdan
21 years ago
Yes Tank, welcome to the collective. thurson you must also be a treke. Same thing happened to me I came to buy some cigars and I saw a post by this Rick cat and I could not resist countering with my own although I don't think these guys really need my help, they do just fine. kinda quiet around here, what's up? Dan
eleltea
21 years ago
Looking at the politics threads, this place could use more TP, so welcome aboard.
pabloescabar
21 years ago
aloha, TP tank could get messy...
mrtelcom
21 years ago
Welcome!
I hope you had nothing to do with the movie tankgirl!

Enjoy those Opus, good choice for the holidays.
thurson
21 years ago
Author: dapperdan Date: 11/14/2004 12:00 PM
Yes Tank, welcome to the collective. thurson you must also be a treke.

**************************

I'm not what you would call a hard core Trekkie but that phrase really sums up this place.

sketcha
21 years ago
Welcome to the asylem, Tank.
plabonte
21 years ago
Hey Tank. I live just North of you in West Bend. They got a pretty nice smoke shop on Q next to Fleet Farm.
bassdude
21 years ago
nealep
21 years ago
Welcome Tank!! Is that M-60A3 or M1A2?

Have fun & try to leave something for someone else!! LOLOL

Neal
tank71663
21 years ago
back in my day we started on the M60A1 then ended my time on the A3's
tank71663
21 years ago
reply to plabonte...
i know the shop on Q VERY well, i'm there at least 1 to 3 times a week, but usually early in the AM as I work 3rd shift and get there just as they open, next time your over there just ask about "TOM", Jen & Paul(owners) and Jens Mom Evon know me well
hat
  • hat
  • Aficionado
21 years ago
Welcome to the hive.
PurpleSageRighter
21 years ago
Welcome Tank. My dad was in armored in WWII, under Patton. Called up out of the Ohio Nat'l Guard where he was enlisted with the last active Calvary unit (that would be "equestrian" cav) in the U.S. armed forces. The unit chose armored over the fledgling Army Air Corp when they were call up.

I'm a newbie too. Staying gloooood to these boards heps alot.

PSR
Goody
21 years ago
Welcome tank, you're gonna love it here!



Goody
Users browsing this topic