dapperdan
21 years ago
You beat me to it Hog. I'm just a slow typer.
AVB
  • AVB
  • Aficionado
21 years ago
Author: usahog Date: 11/17/2004 03:31 PM Reply
Nope doesn't kill that idea at all...

Jesus arose from the dead.. and they/we do not find any bones remaining from his resurection... although Alah, and the God Mohamat have a burial resting place with remains why is that? why is the Koran so much different then our (Christianity) Bible?
---------------------------------------------------------
Allah is God and Mohammad his Prophet, just for your future reference.


I'm surprised that even you are so out of touch in your knowledge of history. Jesus wasn't a very important figure in his own time whereas Mohammad was (in their respective regions). We don't/won't find the bones of 99.9% of the people that lived 2000 years ago so your statement is just a straw man arguement. Just becuase bones weren't found is not a foundation for anything unusual.

Asking why the Koran is different from the Bible is like asking why Chinese is different than English. It has no relevence to this point. One could ask why there is such a difference between the God of the Old Testament and the God of the New Testament as a counter. From the little I have read and understand the Koran seems to lean toward and Old Testament style of God.

Belief is a wonderful thing to have but don't confuse it with facts. Facts can be proven and belief, so far, can't. That isn't to say that the Bible, Koran, The Vedas (Hindi),The Five Classics ( Confucianism), Tao-te-ching (Taoism) or Tipitaka (Buddhism), don't have factual instances in them. It is the underlaying mystery of any belief structure that can't be proven.

To assume one belief is superior to another is all well and good but best kept to yourself because no matter what religion you belong to, the majority of the world disagrees with you. Just something to think about.

usahog
21 years ago
"To assume one belief is superior to another is all well and good but best kept to yourself because no matter what religion you belong to, the majority of the world disagrees with you. Just something to think about."

one thing is for sure.. I do not believe one is superior as another.. because I only believe in one there is no other in my beliefs... Kept to myself... No I'll always open my mouth and as many would say insert foot when it comes to speaking out about my God or Jesus... I never once proclaimed to be a bible scholar
... I just enjoy the presence of God within my daily blessings and don't mind sharing in discussions of such... and although you say majority rules here.. I tend to differ those figures.. matter fact I can view the difference using the map of the past elections and sit back and smile ;0)

as Dan pointed out.. Ol' Bob said it best in his lyrics..." It my be the devil or it may be the Lord but your going have to serve somebody"

Hog
Seth Gekko
21 years ago
Yeah, the stamp has been out for over 3 years. . . . as a postmaster, I still get calls every few months, from someone learning about it through email. . . .

. . . the ignorance of the general public is astonishing. . . . these are some of the comments that are screamed to me over the phone:

"I cannot believe that you are celebrating the murder of 4,000 people"

"I heard you are making a stamp to honor terrorism"

"Have you ever heard of 9/11?"

. . . . unreal that these people have enough braincells to even know how to dial a phone. . . . then, after they complain that I condone terrorism, they hop in their car, and run to the local hospital for a visit with their Muslim doctor. . . . .

Oh, and if Timoty Mcveigh were Christian, should Christmas then be outlawed because he murdered hundreds of people?

Sheesh, the sheer ignorance. . . .
AVB
  • AVB
  • Aficionado
21 years ago
"...and although you say majority rules here.. I tend to differ those figures.. matter fact I can view the difference using the map of the past elections and sit back and smile ;0) "

If you read the post it says "majority of the world" of which we are a small part and U.S. voters an even smaller part. At no point did I say majority rules here so you'll have to spin up something else.
usahog
21 years ago
No Spin... Thats why I choose to live in the Good Ol' USA... Mayflower Compac.. U.S. Constitution and even with the left leaning folks around me ;0)

I don't have to worry about being singled out for reading my Bible in a public place... and I don't judge by minority or majority... I leave the judgements up to God... I'm just a messanger to let you know AVB.. Jesus Loves You Tooo!!!! ;0)

Hog
dapperdan
21 years ago
Seth,

Sorry you had to deal with those calls. I don't hate Muslims but I know what this country was founded on. It is why we are the great nation we are and I see it slipping away. McVeigh was not a true believer or what he did would never have happened. It's our only hope that this country turns to Jesus Christ and repents. I know were I'm going and I can only try to persuade you to see the truth so I may see you someday for all eternity there also. It is the truth, its not what I believe it is what I know. Take the time to check it out. In fact ask Him yourself,I can assure you if you truly ask honestly He will reveal Himself to you. Dan
Users browsing this topic