dkeage
  • dkeage
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
As the holidays get closer, I seem to get grumpier. I own a small audio company, and it always gets hard to make clients pay towards the end of the year, putting me in a bind.

A friend of mine asked me for a favor last week. His buddy is in the Marines, and was called to Camp Lejean(sp) in NC, in preparation for going overseas. He was going to be away for the holidays from his wife & 2 small kids for the first time.

The favor was, to come into the studio, and sing some Christmas Carols, have me record it, and give it to his family to play while he's gone.

To be honest, my first reaction was, great..another non paying client. But with some of my own relatives in the military, I know how tough it is to be apart, so I agreed.

This morning, I finally got around to "mixing" his singing with the music. He was AWFUL!, but it sounds great. The heart and feeling he put into it, with no concern to the quality of his singing voice, the key of the music, anything...just made me choke up.

I think it turned out great...I'm very happy we did this, and it made me feel really good. And I'm sure his family is going to treasure it.

Just thought I'd share.


dkeage
Thom
21 years ago
dkeage- Generosity always seems to come back twofold. It seems like it's already made your holiday and you are a right gentleman for doing this for a friend. As I like to say, good on ya.

Happy holidays
CWFoster
21 years ago
What Thom said! and Merry Christmas!
tornado
21 years ago
Giving is definitely better than receiving. I always feel great when I give a donation to a worthy cause. Nice job helping out a friend in need.
DrMaddVibe
21 years ago
Thanks for sharing!

That my friend is the Christmas "spirit".
dkeage
  • dkeage
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
I really felt good about it. We're giving to his wife tonite, and I'll let you know how she reacts!

Happy Holidays!

dkeage
Users browsing this topic