lukin
  • lukin
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Anyone else on the boards drink this stuff?? I have been drinking it for a few years and enjoy it thoroughly, but have only recently been drinking it while enjoying a cigar. Anyone else drink it while smoking? I'm not sure if I'm quite sold yet
SteveS
21 years ago
nope ... never tried it ... although I HAVE tried Kopi Luwak coffee (which, BTW, DOES go particularly well with a nice Habana) ...
andytv
21 years ago
What the heck is it?

What is it made from.
bassdude
21 years ago
never heard of it. Kopi Luwak coffee, mmm **** beans.
lukin
  • lukin
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
It is an herbal tea that is mostly consumed in Argentina and Brazil. It has loads of Caffeine and is a great social drink. It is also a great appetite supressant. I started drinking it a few years ago when I lived down there and drink it a smuch as I can when I can find it up here in the states. It takes an hour or two to drink and so I thought it would be great with cigars.
jackconrad
21 years ago
Blitzed my blood pressure. not recommended for senior citizens,'aka 'Rick ,
me or E-chick. we don't need the improvement!!
andytv
21 years ago
Have you tried any auction sites? I tried one and found several listings for Yerba Mate.

I'll try anything once; I just have two questions:

1) Why does it take so long to drink?
2) Will it make me s%&t like a duck?
BeatDragon
21 years ago
HUH...

I thought it was a non dairy creamer to put in your Yerba
Gene363
21 years ago
Thanks for mentioning it lurkin.

When I was a kid, my father found some in a teashop and I was the only one in the family that really took a liking to it. I haven’t had in years; I think I will try it again.

lukin
  • lukin
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
If done right, it takes a good hour to drink it. It is especially nice with a good friend or two (you all have to drink out of the same straw, so it better be a good friend) I just saw some of the good stuff on an auction site for cheap which means I'll be stocked up for awhile.

It might make you @$it like a duck (although I have never had this happen) more likely, if its not prepared correctly you might have an upset stomach. It will however make you urinate quite a bit since one round of mate generally lasts through two kettles of water. It will also keep you up at night because it is more caffeinated than coffee.
lukin
  • lukin
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
oh yeah, it takes a long time to drink because you fill a cup with loose leaves and keep refilling it with water over and over again. Its a sort of thing that you make when you wan't to relax and enjoy some peace. I used to drink it a lot, but unfortunately, I only have so much time in the day (with work and school) and cigars kind of serve the same purpose. I tried combining the two the last few days and have mixed results. I don't know the the tea compliments a cigar real well.
xibbumbero
21 years ago
I gave it up. I kept running around in circles after drinking it and eventually I ran into a wall. X
Users browsing this topic