czr4916
21 years ago
DHL or the USPS cant come close to the service that UPS provides, CBID might have got a cheaper rate from the other companys, but you get what you pay for. Don't worry CBID will see the light and make the switch,they alwys do.
sketcha
21 years ago
UPS is still an option for anyone that asks.

USPS First Class, maybe. Priority mail is $2 more/order. In my neighborhood both the UPS man and Mail Carrier are top noch. Priority Mail is still faster and just as reliable.

Haven't tried DHL. Changed to USPS after reading complaints here and before the next shipment. Am I lucky or just well informed.

Thanks gang.
tsmith283
21 years ago
CIBD has used all three to deliver packages to me (Peoria, AZ.) and the USPS winds hands-down! While all deliveries made it safe and sound, the USPS took half the time.

Smitty
TrishS@CigarBid
21 years ago
We hear the same complaints about both carriers, as well as the Postal Service. When you're dealing with the kinds of order volumes these shippers have, you're bound to have a few problems here and there.

We're keeping tabs on DHL, just as we did with UPS. And as always, if there's any problems, all you have to do is give us a call or shoot an email.

Hey Sketcha, DHL and USPS are the only choices for CigarBid.

Trish
KNOF
21 years ago
LOL @ Sketcha.
Now wonder he is still waiting for his cigars via UPS!!!

Sorry Bro, had to do it, heheheeee!
SteveS
21 years ago
I've been a big fan of UPS for years, but will say again that DHL has been amazing ... they've consistently beat UPS by three days (except in one case where they beat 'em by four) in delivering my stuff ... with either of them, damage to packages has been limited and incidental ...
SteveS
21 years ago
Here's what I mean ...
My shipment leaves CBid late Thu afternoon and gets delivered here in Calif by early afternoon on Mon ... AND, the box was in pristine condition ...

With UPS, it'd have been tomorrow afternoon when it got to the distribution center and Thursday afternoon before it got delivered ...

Shipment History:
DATE TIME ACTIVITY AND COMMENTS LOCATION

1/10/05
1 : 59 pm Shipment delivered - Santa Clara, CA
8 : 44 am With delivery courier.
7 : 59 am Arrived at DHL facility - Santa Clara, CA

1/9/05
6 : 39 pm Departing origin - Fresno, CA

1/6/05
3 : 44 pm Picked Up by DHL - Shipper's Door
andytv
21 years ago
I think it is a cost issue. At least a year or so ago, UPS was the best choice for packages over 10#, while the USPS priority mail was a great value for small light packages. I knew that with UPS, it cost a fortune for small packages, while USPS raped me on large ones. I figured this was great; each is doing what they do best at a good value. I haven't used DHL yet, but I imagine I will soon. Are all three companies competing in the "less than 10#" market now??
baracuda
21 years ago

....................SLIM.......................


.........to slap....or....not to slap..........


............that is the question...............
andytv
21 years ago
Please slap...........I don't understand.
baracuda
21 years ago
andy,

The SLIM slap.

It usually comes when someone post a thread that has been beat in to the ground over and over again.

...........................or.......................

As in this case, there are three threads running simotaniously on the boards, with the same topic.

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/forum/forum.cfm?action=list&forumID=9&messageDisplay=0000000030811 
http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/forum/forum.cfm?action=list&forumID=9&messageDisplay=0000000030993 
http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/forum/forum.cfm?action=list&forumID=1&messageDisplay=0000000030988 

SLIM reminds us when we mess up and post repetative threads.
You might compare the SLIM slap to a parking violation

andytv
21 years ago
andytv.....keeping mouth shut.

TinMan51
21 years ago
Right now If DHL is the only way C-Bid is going to ship then I'm sure going to miss buying here. Yea the shipment gets to my area fast but then sits in a damn warehouse for 3-4 days before it's delivered. What a crappy out fit. But I'm happy for those of you who have gotten good service from them.. But I'm not one of the lucky ones.. Tinman
lsfire
21 years ago
I have had shipments from all three in the last month. All from various around the world. At here n Vegas, I've had no problems with any of them. The only difference is that DHL takes the longest. The one thing that stands out with DHL is that the delivery person is always the same.

Lance
Users browsing this topic