usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
http://www.drudgereport.com/flashda.htm 

Dan Rather: 'I have read the report, I take it seriously, and I shall keep its lessons well in mind.'
Tue Jan 11 2005 14:56:11 ET
**Exclusive**

The panel report is part of a process -- a necessary process to deal with a difficult issue -- at the end of which four good people have lost their jobs. My strongest reaction is one of sadness and concern for those individuals whom I know and with whom I have worked. It would be a shame if we let this matter, troubling as it is, obscure their dedication and good work over the years.

Yet good can come from this process if CBS News, and the hundreds of able professionals who labor every day to fill an essential public service in an open society, emerge with a renewed dedication to journalism of the highest quality. We should take seriously the admonition of the report's authors to do our job well and carefully, but also their parallel admonition not to be afraid to cover important and controversial issues.Ê

CBS News is a great institution with a distinct and precious legacy.Ê I have been here through good times, and not so good times. I have seen us overcome adversity before.Ê I am convinced we can do so again. That must be our focus and priority.Ê And we can fulfill that objective by getting back to business and doing our jobs better than ever.

Lest anyone have any doubt, I have read the report, I take it seriously, and I shall keep its lessons well in mind.

Dan Rather

what a comical ending to a total Joke(r)

Has anyone seen the movie "Shattered Glass"??
good show based on true events about Media/Jounalism and relates to the CBS Scandle...

Ahhh the lawsuits that could follow this clown into retirement ;0)

Hog
Charlie
21 years ago
Why doesn't he just go away and play golf or tennis for the rest of his overpaid life!?

Charlie
hup4
21 years ago
Hog,
Isn't the ultimate responsibility HIS! He reported the story! He let 4 good people get fired? Why didn't he stand up and say..."I'm responsible for this story, I reported it not them...fire me!! What a friggin weasel! Someone should kick his @ss!
That's all I have to say!
usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Because (He) is a Liberalistic "Yes Man" one who would put ANYONE else in the line of fire to save his own a$$... and besides he already said he was going to retire in March?? April?? May?? who the hell knows??
this gave him the slip...

He should just blow away like President Johnson did after the FUBAR's of the Vietnam War...

Hog
hup4
21 years ago
I'm gettin in my car now and drive over
and kick his @ss!!
Where is he again?
New York?
Maybe I'll catch a flight in the A.M.!
adroomi
21 years ago
adroomi
21 years ago
adroomi
21 years ago
hup4
21 years ago
the triplets are coming...anybody else?
JonR
21 years ago
After the report came out little danny blather received 10,000 e-mails, 9,998 want him completely out of television, 1 wanted to know if he found Kenneth and if so what is the frequency, and 1 marriage proposal from RICKAMAVEN (can you have more than one wife in Kinkyfornia?).

JonR
drnos
21 years ago
I loved the bind that Rather found himself in:
1) if he is a "real" journalist, then he has to take the responsibility himself;
2) if he is just a "rip and read" talking head, then he is not responsible for the content.

All the talking heads like to think of themselves as real journalists. But Rather would rather save what little face he could be dodging the blame.
Users browsing this topic