rah1875
14 years ago
....saw them here for the first time as a $49.50 QUICKBUY. Priced the same 25 box at a well known competitor for $101.95. WHAT!!! Over 50% off here at Cigar Bid. Anyone every try this line. If so, what other smokes can it be compared too? Thanks for any input.

dpnewell
14 years ago
$2 each for a mixed filler? Personally I'd pass. Never had luck with any mixed filler, and for that price I'm usually winning mostly $6 to $8 smokes. Heck, just won a 5ver of Perdomo Patriarch maddies for $8 shipped. Not paying $2 for a mixed filler. Come to think of it, I paid far less then that for my current supply of RP Edges, RP Edge maddies and RP OWR maddies.
rah1875
14 years ago

....teach me, tell me, show me, how?
rah1875
14 years ago
.....ROCKY PATEL CARGO is ALL OVER DE PLACE!!!!

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/html/spec_oneday.asp 

Never heard of Cargo? Understandable, only Central America has released more brands than Rocky Patel since 2005. Here's the skinny. Despite Rocky Patel Cargo's modest appearance, this medium-bodied blend delivers full-flavored goodness in spades. Nicaraguan tobaccos are carefully combined Cuban sandwich-style, then hugged by dark and oily Ecuadorian-grown Connecticut wrappers to produce a rich and creamy bouquet. Earth, sweet cedar, leather, and espresso bean linger on the palate just before a sweet series of gentle spices completes each puff.

Available in two generous sizes -
Toro (6.0" x 52) - BOX OF 25 - In Stock - MSRP $112.50 - $39.95
Toro Grande (6.0" x 58) - BOX OF 25 - In Stock - MSRP $123.75 -$49.95

.....my $$$ is too limited. I have to do a fiver before any box purchase, even if the price if right. Not that it would apply here, but knowing my luck, once I break that rule, I will end up with a DOG!
best factual example: DEVIL'S WEED 7x50 Churchills - 20 for $29.99. OH SO BAD.
dpnewell
14 years ago
Well Rah, if you have to, go for it, but personally, I wouldn't pay 50 cents for a mixed filler stick.
Stinkdyr
14 years ago
rah, you should stock up big time on RP Fumas.
You might love those.

๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎ
rah1875
14 years ago

Well Rah, if you have to, go for it, but personally, I wouldn't pay 50 cents for a mixed filler stick.

dpnewell wrote:



...doesn't it depend on the filler mix? The Nicaraguan is long filler, and the mix is from the 15th ANNIVERSARY line, which has been reviewed as being one fine smoke. Hard to believe Patel would put out a ho-hum cigar, but a fiver for $9 won't break my bank. No one can knock a cigar before they have smoked it. just sayin'.
rah1875
14 years ago

rah, you should stock up big time on RP Fumas.
You might love those.

๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎ

Stinkdyr wrote:



....I love a Connecticut wrapped smoke as much as a Oscuro wrap, and all shades in between. Take in all kinds daily. Can't find RP FUMAS. Anyone ever smoke Garcias FUMADORES? I know PADILLAS Fumas were lame. Not sure if this new batch is any better.

....this pre-Fernandez MORRO CASTLE Toro I am smoking now is/was, one fine tasting cigar. Don't care for the new generic spiced up Fernandez version.
hoyodude
14 years ago

...Hard to believe Patel would put out a ho-hum cigar, but a fiver for $9 won't break my bank. No one can knock a cigar before they have smoked it. just sayin'.

rah1875 wrote:



It's all a matter of taste. In my opinion old Rocky has put out nothing BUT ho-hum stuff for quite awhile. I'm not knocking something I haven't tried but, given my experiences of late with his cigars, I won't bother with these or anything else he puts out unless it's either given to me or it comes with a sampler of other smokes.

As far as long filler versus short/medium filler goes I've had some delicious non-long filler smokes. It's all in what tobaccos are used - sometimes it's junk and sometimes a company uses the left-over scraps of really good leaf for this kind of smoke. Given that I kind of know what to expect in a short-filler cigar from Rocky.
dpnewell
14 years ago
Rah,
Sorry I wasn't clear. Not talking about flavor, talking about inconsistency. Just by their nature, mixed fillers tend to be far more prone to plugging and/or being soft and loosely packed. I've had mixed fillers that started out OK, and plugged an inch or two in, due to filler shift. Also had many that where so loosely packed, that they almost hissed when drawn. The most consistent mixed filler I ever had was the older Tat "P", but they where close to $3 each, and still burned "hot". When a couple Julys ago, I grabbed 25 Tat Nobles for $2.40 each, there was no point in smoking the more expensive, but lower quality mixed filler version.

Oh, and if youโ€™re going to buy a mixed filler, let me give you one word of advice. Punch it, donโ€™t cut it, unless you want to pick bits of mixed filler out of your month during the entire smoke.
rah1875
14 years ago
Thanks, BUT until you send me a note and help a BOTL out and tell me HOW I CAN get 25 TAT NOBLES for $2.40 each, or even $3per, I have to smokes these dogs, I mean cigars. A box of 25 TAT NOBLES closed here for $60! Or even $80! I guess a few July's ago they offered up enough of the TOP SHELF sticks to score a 'real' deal. I just smoked a TAT VI NOBLES with a few years on it and it was perfect. AS good as any cigar I have smoked, or at least on the same shelf. Some other kick-ass aged jobs Marc sent me from Arizona were LA AROMA de CUBA ESPECIAL, GURKHA MASTERS SELECT, DIESEL, MAN O WAR RUINATION, & PADILLA MIAMI 8/11. Talk about aging perfection.
Xmystic
12 years ago
The taste and smell was very good. The problem with these is they were wrapped so tight it was like trying to suck a rock through a straw. ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

It kind of ruins the whole experience when they are this tight. I've been through about 14 of 20 and they were consistently tight rolled. Had to keep rolling the tight spots and sometimes cutting them short to get anything worth while of a passable draw. That was my second batch. The first was slightly looser and the taste was worth another try, but alas...
bs_kwaj
12 years ago
I bought some Cargos to put in the Vets Hall humidor... and then discovered that I think they are a pretty good little smoke. I've smoked a few on the nights when I don't take anything to work with me and then I stop in for a cigar and beer after work.

Oh, this is a 2011 thread. Doesn't matter.
tonygraz
12 years ago
I have a 5er of Cargos somewhere, but with this resurrected topic being so old, no point to finding them and smoking one right now.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
this thread stirs up a lot of emotions in me...

disgust... disgust at my memory of the one and only cargo I ever smoked...

anger... anger that anyone as dumb as rah could also be as talkative as rah...

sadness... RIP dpnewell...
TIGERCDW
12 years ago

this thread stirs up a lot of emotions in me...

disgust... disgust at my memory of the one and only cargo I ever smoked...

anger... anger that anyone as dumb as rah could also be as talkative as rah...

sadness... RIP dpnewell...

opelmanta1900 wrote:




Poor Dave.

TIGER
marc palanzo
12 years ago

...Hard to believe Patel would put out a ho-hum cigar...

rah1875 wrote:



Hansotia wouldn't either.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago

Hansotia wouldn't either.

marc palanzo wrote:



oh no, no, no... never ever, ever...
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
except for the titan, beast, beauty, rogue, ghost, royal challenge, wicked indie, every gurkha that's ever been sold on cigarbid, and all of the other gurkha's in the world... but other than that, his stuff isn't bad...
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚
DP trying to be patient with RAH....
RAH asking for a "note" to learn how to get Tats at $2.40/ea....

priceless

RIP Dave.......hope your HERF was fun
Users browsing this topic