Northsidepk
14 years ago
I'm starting to see the Blend Lab as a "Skunk Works" type operation....

Fly below the radar with a really good product.

Sorry to let the cat out of the bag but these are some pretty good smokes.

Burning an XX-5552 today.

Kinda of a mutt with all the different tobacco nationalities, but it works out for the best.

Good construction, even burn, nice very light grey ash that holds, good quantity of smoke and med-easy pull.

Flavor is full but not overpowering and is multidimensional with leathery earthiness, sweetness and some coffee notes.

The stick developed nicely, starting with some power and moving into a mellow with a nice depth of flavor.

The aroma of the smoke is delicious and intoxicating, the habano wrapper reminds me of a nice CC.

Over all I feel this stick is about right on at $7 and I would buy more if I could decide which BlendLab is best.

UPDATE- the last third of this stick is down right chocolaty in aroma and flavor......
dubleuhb
14 years ago
I bought a bunch last year when I was down at the superstore, I would have to look and see which one I like best but sounds just like the blend your talking about.
14 years ago
Been sitting on a ZF-544 corona maduro and a TJ 6252 torp for @ 3 months - will have to give them a try.


c3s
TMCTLT
14 years ago
At the risk of sounding stupid, are these the CI blend experiments? Have seen them on auction and was kinda wishing someone would do a review or two...thanks Chris I may now go to the trouble of seeking out a stick or two as your sales pitch was excellent!! 🍺
gimbel
14 years ago
I've smoked a couple of the blends as well. The ones I had weren't worth the coin IMO.
Northsidepk
14 years ago

At the risk of sounding stupid, are these the CI blend experiments? Have seen them on auction and was kinda wishing someone would do a review or two...thanks Chris I may now go to the trouble of seeking out a stick or two as your sales pitch was excellent!! 🍺

TMCTLT wrote:


Hey man...credit where credit due right! I was digging' the stick....That being said I have yet to try many of the other blend lab stix so who knows how the consistency is....
TMCTLT
14 years ago

Hey man...credit where credit due right! I was digging' the stick....That being said I have yet to try many of the other blend lab stix so who knows how the consistency is....

Northsidepk wrote:




When / if they come up on auction...do they tell you which blend your getting or is it a grab-bag thing?
Northsidepk
14 years ago
CI Had sampler 5'ers for sale. I picked up the Med.-Full sampler. I want to say it was 20-25$, but I don't recall exactly.

Typically you have to order a specific blend tho.

dpnewell
14 years ago

When / if they come up on auction...do they tell you which blend your getting or is it a grab-bag thing?

TMCTLT wrote:



They give you the blend. Here's the stick Northside was smoking.

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1185054 
Northsidepk
14 years ago
LOL...that last fellow paid 8$ for 1.........I guess he didn't read the $7 MSRP or check the CI website....
Northsidepk
14 years ago

They give you the blend. Here's the stick Northside was smoking.

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1185054 

dpnewell wrote:


Yeah I'll vouch for that one....pretty good....
TMCTLT
14 years ago

CI Had sampler 5'ers for sale. I picked up the Med.-Full sampler. I want to say it was 20-25$, but I don't recall exactly.

Typically you have to order a specific blend tho.

Northsidepk wrote:



Oh ok, well thanks for the info!!!



They give you the blend. Here's the stick Northside was smoking.

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1185054 

dpnewell wrote:




Nice looking cigar....thanks for posting that link
Rsmith956
12 years ago
I'm really enjoying the Blend Labs cigars. I wouldn't pay the retail price, but Cbid prices on these sticks are really good.
Users browsing this topic