engletl
  • engletl
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
14 years ago
For your pledge to call mandoman (Dave) as he is in a rehab center recovering from Guilliam- Barre Syndrom

http://www.cigarbid.com/FORUM/c/posts/619876/For-those-of-you-that-know-Mandoman-from-here 

PM me for details
engletl
  • engletl
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
14 years ago
For those of you that don't "know" Dave

He is retired military and has made several trips over to Iraq and A'stan as a subcontractor for BAE in support of our Troops and would share a cigar...any cigar...from his personal stash with any Soldier that asked as well as being a shipping point for OpFTH to distribute cigars and other goodies we shipped while he was there

Even if you don't know Dave personally...It would be great for any member of our CBid community to call and talk to him and let him know we are collectively praying for his speedy and complete recovery
TIGERCDW
14 years ago
Heartbroken when I read the thread earlier today Todd.

PM me the # please.

TIGER
mikey1597
14 years ago
engletl
  • engletl
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
14 years ago
THANK YOU!!!!!

Dave will have his spirits lifted GREATLY by these calls
engletl
  • engletl
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
14 years ago
Even if you don't know Dave...I know he would welcome your call
elk hunter
14 years ago
I'll take that # too please...

BTW, being on the left coast, where is he so I don't call too late...
fishinguitarman
14 years ago
Thanks guys for your support.....Every call is special!
soljazbo
14 years ago
How bout an address. There may be some people out there like me that get on a phone and dont know what to say. I know when I was over there I rarely talked to my family, because I would be at a loss for words. I dont know the brother but I would be happy to send him a ole fashion letter that maybe someone could read to him, to let him know that others are thinking about and praying for him.

Jazbo
engletl
  • engletl
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
14 years ago
PM sent jazbo
Numismaniac
14 years ago
Just got off the phone with Dave,
His spirits seem good, I teased and told him it was "anonymous call Friday". He said" Yea there's been a few of those." Let him know many of us here had him in our thoughts and prayers.

He's had the Apheresis four times, normally only done once, and some other treatment, sorry forgot the letters. As he said,.......... he can breathe, talk with me on the phone, but been flat on his back since last year (I think he said Dec.) Drs. say time, could be months or years, but his body/muscles will eventually respond.

There will be times when no one will answer as he cannot move his arms, she will answer, then lay the phone next to him on the bed.
He said there are folks that are worse off all around him, that he really appreciates all the thoughts and prayers , and that he has us in his thoughts and prayers as well. He mentioned missing the internet, since I told him that this place was part of my therapy.
Warned him I would probably call again,hehe.
fishinguitarman
14 years ago
Thanks for taking the time to call him, Mark and thanks for the update!
jespear
14 years ago
Talked to Dave this morning. What a great attitude he has for being in his situation.
I think the call did as much good for me as it did for him.
He said his wife is trying to get him a "voice activated" cell phone to make things easier for him and the nurses.
Keep those cards and letters coming, folks !

jes
ringsize
14 years ago
sorry guys been in his boat. but thanks all of you for thinkin,callin and sendin letters
harleyd31
14 years ago
Please send me his phone number-thanks
fishinguitarman
14 years ago
engletl
  • engletl
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
14 years ago
I hope those of you that have dave's # now will keep the calls going until he is out of there and back to being recovered

Any one else interested in calling or sending cards/letters

PM me, FGM orTIGER and we will gladly give you the info
TMCTLT
14 years ago
I spoke with our friend Dave a short time ago and he sounded great and said the one thing that keeps torchering him was it seemed every other movie he watches some sunnofabiotch is smoking a Cigar!! I of coursenassured him that all of his friends here are thinking of him and praying for his hasty recovery. His attitude is something to be humbled by and will be his best asset as he goes forward. For Dave....[-o<
engletl
  • engletl
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
14 years ago

I spoke with our friend Dave a short time ago and he sounded great and said the one thing that keeps torchering him was it seemed every other movie he watches some sunnofabiotch is smoking a Cigar!! I of coursenassured him that all of his friends here are thinking of him and praying for his hasty recovery. His attitude is something to be humbled by and will be his best asset as he goes forward. For Dave....[-o<

TMCTLT wrote:



=d>
harleyd31
14 years ago
Just spoke to Dave a few minutes ago and what a great attitude!!! He is positive about a full recovery and seemed in very good spirits.. I made sure he knew he has alot of "friends" rooting for him on CBID!! And as a little side note- damn sure put a smile on my face too!!!
Users browsing this topic