leftyposthole
13 years ago
kinda sounds like a Hickory Farms Christmas gift. Wonder if they taste like sausage?
dstieger
13 years ago
Return to forum without posting
leftyposthole
13 years ago
whats the matter d you don't like sausage
crgcpro
13 years ago
Bacon is better!
knokmdwn
13 years ago
dpnewell
13 years ago
Dave,
You left out the best part of the name. They're "Viarina Farms Breakfast Blend". May be a good smoke, but I'm passing just on the name.
leftyposthole
13 years ago
Its funny how so many ceeegars no one has ever heard of from some little A#1 boutique factory in the middle of knowhere show up here with glowing reviews. Is this what happened during the last boom?
BuckyB93
13 years ago
In an effort to bring you the latest and greatest cigars from both the big name and boutique realms, we're always on the prowl to get you more acquainted with the small-batch, truly boutique industry of premium handmades. Remove the glitz and remove the glamour....we want no-nonsense brands with no marketing budget, but superior quality and superior performance. Varina Farms is a perfect example.

Varina Farms Breakfast Blend. An exceedingly flavorful, low-production handmade focused on flavor and consistency. The blend is all substance, pure and simple. A medium-bodied recipe of vintage long-fillers from Nicaragua, Honduras, and the Dominican inside a seamless Connecticut Shade wrapper grown in the Connecticut River Valley of USA. After extensive post-roll aging, each vitola serves up a soothing, creamy bouquet issuing hints of oak, toast, sweet tobacco, coffee, pepper, and a long sweetness on the finish. Mellow yet eventful, and a high quality handmade you can burn daily, knowing exactly what you're going to get from one tasty cigar to the next.


Sounds like a winner to me.

Do you guys really think they would exaggerate, inflate, or mis-communicate anything in their ad copy?
dpnewell
13 years ago

Its funny how so many ceeegars no one has ever heard of from some little A#1 boutique factory in the middle of knowhere show up here with glowing reviews. Is this what happened during the last boom?

leftyposthole wrote:



Dave,
Let me tell you a little story. Years ago I used to be into quality wines. A friend turned me on to a little local store located in the back of a warehouse. Instead of the big name brands, the two brothers Moore would travel through France, Italy and Germany, tasting the production of tiny Mom & Pop micro wineries. If they found something they liked, they would usually buy up the entire production and ship it back to the US in temp controlled containers. The entire store was kept at 55 degrees year round (optimal temp for wines). These wines where reasonably priced, and most where fantastic gems. That's what I consider boutique to mean. Small batch, hand crafted, reasonably priced gems.

Too bad in the cigar industry "boutique" many times means "horrid dog rockets that no one else wanted so we're now trying to dump them off on you".
billyboy03
13 years ago
cant be that good no white pepper ----
t33bone
13 years ago
Looks like a lot of Virina Vagina going around.

I'm out.
efinebloom
13 years ago
Was interested and picked up a 5er for about $7.00. The smoke is VERY light, which I don't think surprises anyone. The first one I had was pretty unremarkable. I wouldn't say it was bad just pretty blah. I smoked a second yesterday and it was much better. If you like a mild smoke that has some flavor, for just over $1 a stick these are worth a shot. This is not a boutique cigar by any means but it is a pretty good budget stick.
Abrignac
12 years ago
Always amazed at attempts to put lipstick on a pig and call it a princess.
leftyposthole
12 years ago

Always amazed at attempts to put lipstick on a pig and call it a princess.

Abrignac wrote:


Ahhh, the good ol days, when men were men and ceeegars tasted like sausage!
Rut-Ro!
12 years ago

Return to forum without posting

dstieger wrote:



+ 1 😣


Pancakes!
TMCTLT
12 years ago

+ 1 😣


Pancakes!

Rut-Ro! wrote:




+1 Richard...but why limit ones self?? I say pancakes AND waffles....SCORE!!
tonygraz
12 years ago
For father's day make it a Belgian Waffle.
QMPASH
12 years ago
I tried a five-pack and didn't like them--construction issues. I may just have gotten a bad 5-pack but I'm not interested in trying them again. It was a bad experience. 👎
Users browsing this topic