severe
  • severe
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
12 years ago
I'm looking for the sharpest guillotine blade. Collibri, zikar, ect. without breaking the bank. Just lost my palio! after 10 years of flawless use. but don't want to spend that much for a cutter.
sd72
12 years ago
triodes
12 years ago

X8. Done.

sd72 wrote:



^^

I like my X8 better than my Palio
sullen
12 years ago
if you don't mind the branded logo, you can get the cao palio cutter for 20$, though i don't think they allow links here, you'll find it if you google tho...
youngra
12 years ago
Agree - X8 is the best one I've used so far
edin508
12 years ago
I won a couple Xi2 cutters here for under $20. Work well and seem to stay sharp.
earthson
12 years ago
Love my Palio - it broke apart a few years ago and they replaced it no questions asked! They seem to stay sharp if I alcohol clean them every so often.

Never tried a Xikar - if it aint broke...
dlmor
12 years ago

I'm looking for the sharpest guillotine blade. Collibri, zikar, ect. without breaking the bank. Just lost my palio! after 10 years of flawless use. but don't want to spend that much for a cutter.

severe wrote:


Best is cuban cutter perfect cut
cacman
12 years ago
Cheap $2 guillotine from numerous shops. If it dulls, simply replace it with another. Often given for free with order.

Used to love my Palio… until I had to return it twice for sharpening. Free guillotines have lasted longer

Won't touch a Xikar. Too many moving parts & springs. Don't drop it.
dstieger
12 years ago

the sharpest guillotine blade......palio! ....... 10 years of flawless use. .....

severe wrote:




What if I told you that you could buy a cutter with the sharpest guillotine blade that will give you more than 10 years of flawless use for three dollars and fifty cents PER YEAR?????




















Buy a Palio[ram27bat]
TMCTLT
12 years ago
To be honest I've had ZERO complaints with my Colibri....and at what they cost to pick up, I can but 4-5 compared to one Xicar or Palio. Aaa and I've dropped them several times with NO breakage.....ymmv
TAKEDOWN
12 years ago
Hmmmm.... something to think about!
Abrignac
12 years ago
I've got about 6 different cutters. From the lowly plastic encased freebie, to an expensive Palio. But when I can't find a cutter fast enough, I use my razor sharp Gerber pocketknife and it does as good a job as any other.

I've learned getting the end cut is way more important than what is used to cut it.
T Z
  • T Z
  • Herf-A-Holic
12 years ago
grab the one used during he French revolution
tonygraz
12 years ago
+1 And the 80 ring cigars will fit.
jeferris
12 years ago
X8 or ZX Ultra Slim
fishinguitarman
12 years ago
I use my tooth
Abrignac
12 years ago

I use my tooth

fishinguitarman wrote:




That's not a tooth. Its a broken gill plate.
Users browsing this topic