Abrignac
12 years ago
About half way through a 6 1/4 x 60 from 2009, 2010 or 2011 (no year on secondary label). I don't know if it's my dislike of large ringed cigars or what, but I'm just not finding it to be all that great. Having read a few reviews, I was expecting more. Hopefully, it will pick up in the second half.
Ilovetosmoke68
12 years ago
I found it to be ok, not worth investment in box.
gryphonms
12 years ago
Probably ring gauge. I found the Grande OK at best. On the other hand the Churchills were superb.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
no e.p. has ever wowed me greatly, but I like these, especially for the price... good, simple smoke...
Abrignac
12 years ago
Construction was excellent and it burned fantastically. Tons of smoke. Flavor wise, meh.
deadeyedick
12 years ago
The 1st Short Run was 2010 and the Delirum size (toro) were superb. I have not found the later years to be nearly as good.

DED
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
I like the Predelicto with a good bit of rest............and.every now and again there's a REAL good one for some reason
I like the Encanto Maduro as well
Haven't yet, and prolly won't buy boxes of EP Carrillo............ but I get these cheap here..............and there........... in fivers, and "sampler" boxes, etc
Well worth what I pay.................................................... (RIP David)
Abrignac
12 years ago

The 1st Short Run was 2010 and the Delirum size (toro) were superb. I have not found the later years to be nearly as good.

DED

deadeyedick wrote:




I'm thinking I was more put off by the diameter than anything. I'm adverse to pretty much any thing larger than a 52 ring. I prefer 42-50 ring gauge smokes.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago

I like the Predelicto with a good bit of rest............and.every now and again there's a REAL good one for some reason
I like the Encanto Maduro as well
Haven't yet, and prolly won't buy boxes of EP Carrillo............ but I get these cheap here..............and there........... in fivers, and "sampler" boxes, etc
Well worth what I pay.................................................... (RIP David)

KingoftheCove wrote:



RIP... he used to get ep's for free with his $2 pam's...
CelticBomber
12 years ago
I'm surprised by this thread. When I went to the BBQ Herf at MJ Toal's house there was a box of E.P. Carrillo's being passed around and I remember really enjoying it. I don't remember which vitola it was but I remember liking it quite a bit. Maybe Jespear or M J remember what vitola it was? I do know it wasn't a large ring gauge because I don't touch large ring gauge's. I would swear it was a box of Short Runs though.... maybe they had some real age on them and that's why they were so good... I don't know.
m j toal
12 years ago

I'm surprised by this thread. When I went to the BBQ Herf at MJ Toal's house there was a box of E.P. Carrillo's being passed around and I remember really enjoying it. I don't remember which vitola it was but I remember liking it quite a bit. Maybe Jespear or M J remember what vitola it was? I do know it wasn't a large ring gauge because I don't touch large ring gauge's. I would swear it was a box of Short Runs though.... maybe they had some real age on them and that's why they were so good... I don't know.

CelticBomber wrote:



Maduro Encantos. 50 ring. Good smoke.
Abrignac
12 years ago

Maduro Encantos. 50 ring. Good smoke.

m j toal wrote:



I'll seek out one of these and give it a shot. Big difference in ring gauge.
Whistlebritches
12 years ago

I'm thinking I was more put off by the diameter than anything. I'm adverse to pretty much any thing larger than a 52 ring. I prefer 42-50 ring gauge smokes.

Abrignac wrote:




I usually just pass these behemoth cigars out to friends or troops....There's always a small weinered one in the bunch that'll jump on it.


Ron
clickbangdead
12 years ago
The Short Run 2010's were great, and the store exclusive #4's (corona) were great too. That was well before the CI Knock-off version they are selling now which by all accounts isn't very exceptional.
Abrignac
12 years ago

I usually just pass these behemoth cigars out to friends or troops....There's always a small weinered one in the bunch that'll jump on it.


Ron

Whistlebritches wrote:




What's with the wiener fascination?

Are you queer?
whtwtrman79
12 years ago

I usually just pass these behemoth cigars out to friends or troops....There's always a small weinered one in the bunch that'll jump on it.


Ron

Whistlebritches wrote:



Lmao
Users browsing this topic