reckless
12 years ago
I searched far and wide on this site and online and have read mixed results. Does anyone have any experience with cigar storage in sub 60 temps? I just got a 150qt and the only place I can put that behemoth is down in the basement which is usually between 55-60 and occasionally dips to 50 on super cold days (heat zone is set to 50 down there). I read it slows the aging process (yea and?) but havent seen any other negatives. Anyone? 🌫 's? [jester] 's? azzhats? Thanks!
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
it definitely fuqs them all up...
just send your cigars to me..........I'll "store" them for ya thru winter....
reckless
12 years ago

it definitely fuqs them all up...
just send your cigars to me..........I'll "store" them for ya thru winter....

KingoftheCove wrote:


Thats a mighty nice offer but you have to get in line behind the flying mammal, hes gonna be storing a bunch for me already.
Bones33
12 years ago

I searched far and wide on this site and online and have read mixed results. Does anyone have any experience with cigar storage in sub 60 temps? I just got a 150qt and the only place I can put that behemoth is down in the basement which is usually between 55-60 and occasionally dips to 50 on super cold days (heat zone is set to 50 down there). I read it slows the aging process (yea and?) but havent seen any other negatives. Anyone? 🌫 's? [jester] 's? azzhats? Thanks!

reckless wrote:




Maybe you should give up cigars and start storing eye liner and lip stick.
reckless
12 years ago

Maybe you should give up cigars and start storing eye liner and lip stick.

Bones33 wrote:


Maybe you should up your post count... jeez have you even done a PIB?


I mean do they smoke as well? What RH do I need to keep them in?
BuckyB93
12 years ago
The cigars will be fine. When you pull one to smoke just give a a bit to come up to room temp before lighting it.


ZRX1200
12 years ago
Heat can hatch tobacco beetles. Cold lowers rh% so if you're using beads no biggie.
DrafterX
12 years ago
I heard TW warms his cigars to 98.6 somehow.... 🤔
Palama
12 years ago
55-60 degrees with sometimes down to 50? Dang, you could age some beer in there too!
cacman
12 years ago
Wrap that cooledor with a blanket. It will help.
reckless
12 years ago

55-60 degrees with sometimes down to 50? Dang, you could age some beer in there too!

Palama wrote:


We all cant live in 85 with a cool ocean breeze year round [ram27bat] But yea thats the basement, the floor with the wood burning stove is usually 72.
tonygraz
12 years ago
I have several humi's that experience the 50-60 degree winter temps. They seems to do quite well.
reckless
12 years ago

I have several humi's that experience the 50-60 degree winter temps. They seems to do quite well.

tonygraz wrote:


I didnt think it would be a problem. Thanks!!
reckless
12 years ago

I heard TW warms his cigars to 98.6 somehow.... 🤔

DrafterX wrote:


Just the tip??? 😰
triodes
12 years ago
From a European site.

Our cigars are perfectly stored and conserved in our industrial caves at a temperature of 10¼ centigrade [50¼ Fahrenheit] and a 68% humidity.

I have read more than once about the Europeans storing them in caves.
knokmdwn
12 years ago
I have smoked them just 8 hours after coming out of the freezer for 3 days. I can't imagine a cool basement is going to matter.
schreiber
12 years ago

I read it slows the aging process (yea and?) but havent seen any other negatives. Anyone?

reckless wrote:


I've never heard any negatives.
madspackler
12 years ago
At lower temps you need to make sure the humidity levels remain high enough to keep the tobacco humidified. It is easy to have the humidity get too low and dry our your sticks at lower temperatures because the air holds less moisture when it is colder.
Oscar
12 years ago
I keep my coolerdor in da basement and it gets colder in winter, haven't had any problems. I keep plenty of 65% rh beads in there and have no issue with maintaining humidity levels.
reckless
12 years ago

I keep my coolerdor in da basement and it gets colder in winter, haven't had any problems. I keep plenty of 65% rh beads in there and have no issue with maintaining humidity levels.

Oscar wrote:


WOW that was the most honest and real post I have ever seen you post........ =d>
Users browsing this topic