dcrot1
12 years ago
Ok Guys and Gals...., I am kinda new to the cigar smoking hobby (been smoking for about 3 months). I just purchased a few different cigars from this site and I was wondering if anyone has any feedback. I purchased Gran Habano Vintage 2002 robusto, Obsidian White Noise Robusto, Torano Circa Series Dominican Selection Robusto, and 5 Vegas Gold Maduro Corona. Now, I have had everything from the gas station smoke to a Fuente Fuente Opus X but I have no idea how these ones I just purchased will be...., I just know at the prices I got them for I couldn't lose. Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated.
bs_kwaj
12 years ago
Only you will know how they will be for you.

Let us know what you think.

🇨🇮

Edit: I've had the 5 Vegas Gold Maduro. Don't recall 'exactly' what it was like, other than it's a cigar I would have no problem getting again for the right price.
I guess I've had some good Toranos and some bad... mostly good.
The dark Obsidians are good for me. Haven't had the White Noise.
kombat96
12 years ago
Smoke them then decide. To each their own.


White noise and 5 gold are nasty. No flavor. Never cared for most toranos either. Remember u asked
jnichols
12 years ago
Just try them out, like what you smoke, not much to lose.
That being said there are much better cigars in the world and in a couple years you will not want to smoke a single one on your list.
dcrot1
12 years ago
Well, I am just trying stuff out right now...., my pallet right now is more from the mild to medium blend cigars. I think I paid about a total of $30 bucks for 5 of each of the aforementioned sticks. SO, I am not out much if I don't like them. I have had the Gran Habano Connecticut #1 and it was decent. I know the Vintage 2002 is supposedly a little more toward the medium heaviness than the Connecticut #1. I love the Maduro wrapper...., it is probably my favorite. SO, I am hoping the 5 Vegas is decent. Really, what I am trying to accomplish is to find an everyday smoke that won't break the bank. Maybe one of these will fit the bill...., one thing I do know.... it doesn't matter how expensive the stick is..... if you like it.. smoke it and to hell with what anyone thinks!!!! LOL.... anyway, thanks for the feedback.
jeferris
12 years ago
Read up on what others are burning around here in the "What'cha Smok'in Azzhats 1,000,000!!!!" post...but, only you can decide what you like. Your tastes will change over time too...
dcrot1
12 years ago
Yeah, I have been told as a cigar smoker than your tastes evolve. I am sure than will happen...., as for now though I don't make it through too many "full-bodied" smokes. Just too much to smoke a whole stogie of that for me at this point. Honestly, at first I would pretty much only smoke a mild Connecticut wrapper stogie...., I have evolved where I like a good medium bodied maduro or habano wrapper....,

It will be interesting to see where I stand with my tastes in a year.....
TheSmokensip
12 years ago
Have fun exploring new blends.
If you like it you did good.
schreiber
12 years ago
I had the 5 Vegas Gold a few months back. Pretty good for the price. Definitely mild and smooth.
ZRX1200
12 years ago
5 Vegas Gold Maduro is fire proof.

Drybox for two weeks.
wallyguitar
12 years ago

Your tastes will change over time too...

jeferris wrote:



This is sooo true.

I've come to the conclusion that most new smokes deserve at least 2 chances, thus why I generally buy 5 packs of smokes. Try it twice, if I end up liking it, I've got 3 more to enjoy. If I don't, at least I have some spares to gift to buddies. We all have different tastes!
bs_kwaj
12 years ago

5 Vegas Gold Maduro is fire proof.
.

ZRX1200 wrote:



There's nothing worse than a fire proof cigar!

o:)
triodes
12 years ago
while too mild to suit my tastes, the Carlos Torano smokes I have had were well built and flavorful.
dcrot1
12 years ago
I appreciate everyone's input...., can't wait to get these in and light em up...... (weather permitting).... LOL
GhostTown
12 years ago
Your gas station carries Opus X?
streetrod
12 years ago

Ok Guys and Gals...., I am kinda new to the cigar smoking hobby (been smoking for about 3 months). I just purchased a few different cigars from this site and I was wondering if anyone has any feedback. I purchased Gran Habano Vintage 2002 robusto, Obsidian White Noise Robusto, Torano Circa Series Dominican Selection Robusto, and 5 Vegas Gold Maduro Corona. Now, I have had everything from the gas station smoke to a Fuente Fuente Opus X but I have no idea how these ones I just purchased will be...., I just know at the prices I got them for I couldn't lose. Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated.

dcrot1 wrote:




Enjoy.... BUT cut up your credit card now... or you will be in a heap of trouble on this site.o:)
reckless
12 years ago
The Gran Habano #3's I bought were not good, had a second band on them that was put on WAY to tight so I had to remove that (actually left a line on them like a girdle). Then after a cple weeks of rest I smoked one and ehhh. Give them to your friends who dont usually smoke and then they will never ask for a good stick again ;)

Your gas station carries Opus X?

GhostTown wrote:



Whose doesn't?? My also carries CC's and TAA1111's
streetrod
12 years ago

The Gran Habano #3's I bought were not good, had a second band on them that was put on WAY to tight so I had to remove that (actually left a line on them like a girdle). Then after a cple weeks of rest I smoked one and ehhh. Give them to your friends who dont usually smoke and then they will never ask for a good stick again ;)



Whose doesn't?? My also carries CC's and TAA1111's

reckless wrote:



Man, you guys are lucky...:-s
Mine only carry con-dems & fake viagra pills, and the hava tampa cigars.
dcrot1
12 years ago

Your gas station carries Opus X?

GhostTown wrote:




Yeah, the Opus X are the cheap ass cigars my local gas station carries, compared to the Black N Milds... LOL.....

A buddy gave me a couple different sizes of the Fuente Fuente Opus X smokes.... they are good... maybe a little too advanced for my pallet at the moment..., I enjoyed the one I have smoked so far.... a little stronger than what I am use to but good....
dcrot1
12 years ago

Enjoy.... BUT cut up your credit card now... or you will be in a heap of trouble on this site.o:)

streetrod wrote:




No sir... I'm no longer married!!!! LMAO!!!
Users browsing this topic