TMCTLT
12 years ago

I would try the Sheffields except that he dogged it so much and treated everyone with disdain when he played for the Dodgers that I would subconsciously prejudge the cigar as a turd.

delta1 wrote:




To be honest I didn't follow his career at all and only purchased the box to support my friends shpo. Was gifted one initially and enjoyed it though. But understand your take on it completely but if you decide you'd like to try one of them there turdds let me know
delta1
12 years ago
Thank you for the offer Sir...but I'll pass.
reckless
12 years ago
Im mean just look at the name "Rocket Patel" They must be some off brand chinatown special.
stogiemonger
12 years ago

Shame on you all! You know the ol saying........

Try to age a dog rocket and in a couple years you will still have a dog rocket. That's like trying to age a bottle of single barrel Boone's Farm. 🤦

JMO of course. You guys that enjoy mediocre cigars........smoke on brothers!!!!

and Merry Christmas!

knokmdwn wrote:


Wise truths there, bro.

Merry Christmas!
tonygraz
12 years ago
I've got 14 RP's of 5 varieties in my humi's and have only ever smoked one RP, a Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 churchill which I thought was good but not good enough to run out and buy more.
marc palanzo
12 years ago
I more or less gave up on Rocky Patel when he enrolled in the Kaizad Hansotia school of introducing a new blend every week.
triodes
12 years ago
I've smoked several various RP over the years.

Nothing but Meh, not blended to suit my palate I guess.
bs_kwaj
12 years ago
So many naysayers. I've read the decription and they are obiously awaesome!

"The latest bait to emerge from Rocky Patel’s deep bench of blends is the ‘R4’. Set to be released nationwide, I pulled a crafty move and stuck my prodigious snout in the trough, buying his entire production. Still, I have a chunky allotment of these sticks resting in the fabled CI humidor even as I write this prize-winning bit of literary gold you see before you.

The Rocky Patel ‘R4’ cigar is draped by a thick and toothy Corojo leaf and blended with aged long-leaf tobaccos from Honduras and Nicaragua, resulting in a delicious medium-bodied smoke....it's earthy, rich, nutty, and buttery smooth, Rocky Patel R4 will no doubt set up shop as a permanent resident in your humidor. I’ve slashed the prices on all sizes - up to 54%! RP's tasty ‘R4’ can be yours for as low as two bucks and change. The youngster in the office across from mine may have said it best: "Whoa dude, this might be the deal of the year."

Or wait, let's look at this closer:

The latest bait to emerge from Rocky Patel’s deep bench of blends is the ‘R4’. Set to be released nationwide, I pulled a crafty move and stuck my prodigious snout in the trough, buying his entire production. Still, I have a chunky allotment of these sticks resting, because we can't seem to get rid of them, in the fabled CI humidor even as I write this, heheh... , prize-winning bit of literary gold you see before you.

The Rocky Patel ‘R4’ cigar is draped by a thick and toothy Corojo leaf and blended with aged long-leaf tobaccos from Honduras and Nicaragua, resulting in a delicious medium-bodied smoke....it's earthy, rich, nutty, and buttery smooth, Rocky Patel R4 will no doubt set up shop as a permanent resident in your humidor, until you gift them out to your golfing buddies. I’ve slashed the prices on all sizes - up to 54%! RP's tasty ‘R4’ can be yours for as low as two bucks and change. The youngster in the office across from mine may have said it best: "Whoa dude, this might be the deal of the year."



:-k



earthson
12 years ago
Well there you go - CI found the cigars resting in a pig trough instead of a cedar-lined aging room!

Seriously, almost all RPs are garbage. Didn't he get caught a few years ago dying his maduros???
zitotczito
12 years ago
Hmmm, the R4, NOT a fan, period. When was the last time I smoked an RP cigar? A long time, I wonder if that means anything.
thurson
12 years ago

Shame on you all! You know the ol saying........

Try to age a dog rocket and in a couple years you will still have a dog rocket. That's like trying to age a bottle of single barrel Boone's Farm. 🤦

JMO of course. You guys that enjoy mediocre cigars........smoke on brothers!!!!

and Merry Christmas!

knokmdwn wrote:



There's a single barrel Boone's Farm!? Cool...............[sarcasm]
Users browsing this topic