rrumba
  • rrumba
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

Hello all. First post here on the site. I just found it after about a year of getting into Cigars regularly.

Setup with a small 150 desktop/table top humidor, upgraded the humidifier to an oasis to help as the standard one did not work worth a crap.

This site is addictive. joined tonight and have 3 lots won.

Just now learning what retrohaling, purging means.

I do have some quick questions i hope someone can help with. My humidor runs around mid 60s during the winter and reads about 68-73rh. Should i try and get it warmer and what really is the RH that i should be trying to stay at?

ZRX1200
12 years ago
65% is where I like it.

Maduros and habanos are better that way, Connecticut wrappers fare better closer to 70%.

Search beads and coolidor.

Welcome aboard matey, how do you feel about romantic walks in the park?
ZRX1200
12 years ago
Also rh% has to be LOW for awhile to do ANYTHING to harm cigars.

High temps can trigger tobacco beatles.

High humidity can trigger mold.
edin508
12 years ago
Welcome. And listen to ZRX, he knows...
ZRX1200
12 years ago
Yes I got mold on my cigar in the park onetime cuz a noob let it get too wet.
rrumba
  • rrumba
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

65% is where I like it.

Maduros and habanos are better that way, Connecticut wrappers fare better closer to 70%.

Search beads and coolidor.

Welcome aboard matey, how do you feel about romantic walks in the park?

ZRX1200 wrote:




great, thanks. Personally i don't care for them, more of a pina coloda and getting caught in the rain kinda guy.
ZRX1200
12 years ago
Ohhhhh....I like caves.



Wanna spelunk?
rrumba
  • rrumba
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

only under water and in the dark
ZRX1200
12 years ago
No safety words under water.
rrumba
  • rrumba
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

isn't that the plan??? who needs words
Numismaniac
12 years ago
Palama
12 years ago
Whatever happened to "Pancakes or waffles?" 🤔
tonygraz
12 years ago
Still a big question at IHOP.
triodes
12 years ago
Most people here run 65/65.

That's where I run my wineador.

I'm thinking about picking up another wineador, and if I do - will probably run it at 67/67. Some cigars taste better a little more moist, others less moist.
dharbolt
12 years ago
G SEEVVVANNNN
reckless
12 years ago

G SEEVVVANNNN

dharbolt wrote:


I think he meant "welcome". Anyone tell this guy about platinum cards and availability? Plus the free priority shipping that comes with it????????
jeferris
12 years ago
The first rule of Platinum Cards is...
TheSmokensip
12 years ago
Do you like Gladiator movies?
BlueDude
12 years ago
Welcome to CBid Rum!

65/65 is good.

Get yourself over to TRADES/ NOOB TRADE THREAD #42 and send somebody a fiver.

Keep a thick skin around here, we're all a bunch of sarcastic teasing bastich azzhats.
Users browsing this topic