spectresquad
12 years ago
I have always kept my different cigars in different humidors to keep from crossing the flavors. Am I being OCD? 😰
bs_kwaj
12 years ago
stogiemonger
12 years ago
Yes, unless you're keeping the little woman's flavored cigars separate from your man cigars. Then it is advisable. Other than that?

O C D
triodes
12 years ago
OCD, yes. Stogie nailed it on the flavored cigars.

Also, either you have more humidors than any sane person would own, or you are limiting yourself to a narrow variety of smokes.

I would think that putting/keeping them in boxes should be sufficient.

I did see where one of the posters here keeps his in boxes with a humipak in each box. I thought that was pretty slick. I'm thinking that the box will act as a humidity stabilizer and prevent any flavor crossover.

Since I read that post I have been trying to maintain my cigars in boxes in humidors where feasible. I have not been putting humipak's in each box.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
I do the same thing... all my churchills in one humidor, all my robustos in another, all my toro's in another, and so on... that way my churchill flavored cigars don't negatively effect my robusto flavored or toro flavored cigars... it's brilliant really...
leftyposthole
12 years ago

I do the same thing... all my churchills in one humidor, all my robustos in another, all my toro's in another, and so on... that way my churchill flavored cigars don't negatively effect my robusto flavored or toro flavored cigars... it's brilliant really...

opelmanta1900 wrote:



LOL....🌫
Buckwheat
12 years ago
It is not OCD to keep separate flavored cigars in their own humidors; it is stupid. Acids & other such cigars should just be kept in a trash bag.
knokmdwn
12 years ago

It is not OCD to keep separate flavored cigars in their own humidors; it is stupid. Acids & other such cigars should just be kept in a trash bag.

Buckwheat wrote:




#-o

If you are truly talking about "flavored" cigars, ie: vanilla, cherry, rum, any of the Acid (reads = dogshiit)......then yes you should put them in a seperate trash bag errrr........ah........ humidor, although I don't know why you'd want to ruin a perfectly good humidor.

If you are talking about Fuentes, Tats, Viajes, DE, or any of the other 1000 cigars out there, welcome to OCD land. Pretty sure they make pills for that..........
TheSmokensip
12 years ago

I do the same thing... all my churchills in one humidor, all my robustos in another, all my toro's in another, and so on... that way my churchill flavored cigars don't negatively effect my robusto flavored or toro flavored cigars... it's brilliant really...

opelmanta1900 wrote:



I used to do that..he he
rfenst
12 years ago


I did see where one of the posters here keeps his in boxes with a humipak in each box. I thought that was pretty slick. I'm thinking that the box will act as a humidity stabilizer and prevent any flavor crossover.

Since I read that post I have been trying to maintain my cigars in boxes in humidors where feasible. I have not been putting humipak's in each box.

triodes wrote:



I have been putting humipacks in most boxes in my coolers. Some of those boxes are even wrapped in kitchen wrap and or plastic bags. Working just great!
stevebeam
12 years ago
I usually smoke two cigars at the same time to mix flavors
billyboy03
12 years ago

I usually smoke two cigars at the same time to mix flavors

stevebeam wrote:


^^ + it is a good way to taste different flavors
rfenst
12 years ago

I usually smoke two cigars at the same time to mix flavors

stevebeam wrote:



I have actually done this many times to compare different brands and to compare different sizes of one brand...
bloody spaniard
12 years ago

I do the same thing... all my churchills in one humidor, all my robustos in another, all my toro's in another, and so on... that way my churchill flavored cigars don't negatively effect my robusto flavored or toro flavored cigars... it's brilliant really...

opelmanta1900 wrote:



It is not OCD to keep separate flavored cigars in their own humidors; it is stupid. Acids & other such cigars should just be kept in a trash bag.

Buckwheat wrote:



I usually smoke two cigars at the same time to mix flavors

stevebeam wrote:



=d> =d> =d>

When I want chocolate in my cigar I eat a chocolate. When I want spiciness, I grind pepper on my tongue- pencil lead, I chew a pencil in between puffs, etc.. An acid or similar calls for swigs of Hai Karate to tone down the aftershave flavor. Good luck OP!
Palama
12 years ago
So hey, I don't wanna threadjack and although not on topic, there was a question about humidification recently and the post by ZRX1200 about separating the cigars by wrapper and keeping them at different RH levels made a lotta sense. Maybe more sense then trying to separate them by flavors? I haven't yet undertaken that project (...but will, eventually...), need the wifey to be gone for a few hours. Anyway, something to think about.

Go to:

http://www.cigarbid.com/Forum/c/posts/636462/Another-NOOB-alert 

Z's post is #2.
spectresquad
12 years ago
I have a number of travel humidors because I am on ship a lot. The hard cased ones that are air tight keep the cigars safe. I usually only have a few special cigars, and a ton of stuff for the crew. I keep my expensive stuff in separate cases to keep from cross contamination, but if it is no big deal that is good. I am going to be picking up some good sticks when we pull in to the Dominican Republic. I am visiting two plantations there, the Fuente place and the new guy on the south side. I usually keep the stuff I get from Vegas De Santiago (Costa Rica) by itself as well. Cigars go a long way to getting special goods in some countries. I trade a few sticks for a whole tree size bunch of Bananas in Puerto Cortez on Costa Rica's East coast. Vegas De Santiagos plantation is in the mountains on the west side so I go there after making the Panama Canal Crossing. I always dreamed of a special room in a house just for cigars and good booze, like rare rum from Cuba, and Curicao in the Dutch West Indies. A good Pirate must have good Booty, to get good bootie. Aargh!
bs_kwaj
12 years ago
Now there's a whole different angle to the story...

wallyguitar
12 years ago
I keep all of my smokes in the freezer, they say that's the best place to store premium cigars.
dharbolt
12 years ago
Oh... Brother, someone has mislead you. you need to keep em in the window by the a/c with the cello half on and half off.
ah42266
12 years ago

If the cellow is still on ya, you are being OCD. If the are de-cellowed you SHOULD keep them separate. Oils from one stick can make a different blend taste like crap.
Users browsing this topic