So... Yes, I stopped in again tonight at my uh... favorite... uh... only... watering hole and dug around in the humidor and pulled out a CI Legends Copper Label. This is a cigar I got way, way back in probably 2006. It has been migrating between my old humidors and coolidors and new coolidors and finally my Verona. It was a cigar I dug deep down to find and added it to the latest group I took down to the Vets Hall the other day.
I had forgotten anything about it. I got it way back when the Legends were an an 'item' that was being discussed. I have had and smoked a bunch of the different Legends, but don't remember too much about any of them.
This one turns out to be a flavored cigar. Well, I had cut it and started lighting it up and... man, it had that sweet initial flavor. I'm not a big fan of flavored cigars... as are most of you, eh? But, I had it out and cut it and decided, what the heck, lit it up and gave it a go.
Right off the bat, the sweetness not withstanding, it had an easy draw and a lot of smoke and wasn't too bad. However, it didn't pair up all that well with the Kona Fire Rock I selected. But, it did smoke ok and after a while the sweetness diminished a bit and it kept that easy draw and a lot of smoke all the way down to about a half inch.
Since I got back on island and started caring for the humidor down there it has been holding at a steady 68 degrees and 66% humidity. That always helps any cigar.
Anyway, after I finished that I fired up a JdN Fuerte and re-aligned my taste buds and ... all was well with the world again. ;-)
🇨🇮
bs_kwaj wrote: