dlandri21
12 years ago
Between the GH vintage 2002 and the corojo #5. Why is the vintage cheaper if it has the same blend with a more aged wrapper?
Wptemple
12 years ago
Fillers. Nicaragua and dominica for the 2002. Mexico Nicaragua and Costa Rica for the #5. Wrapper is the same.

Anyone have input on the 2002, just bought a box.
GhostTown
12 years ago
Brace yourselves. The "pancakes or waffles" crowd is soon to sniff this thread out.
ZRX1200
12 years ago
2002 isn't terrible after a year.
scompay
12 years ago

Between the GH vintage 2002 and the corojo #5. Why is the vintage cheaper if it has the same blend with a more aged wrapper?

dlandri21 wrote:



The 2002 is passed as their vintage blend, but its a different duck. Its not as good as the non-vintage corojo#5. One look at the auction prices will tell you that.
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

2002 isn't terrible after a year.

ZRX1200 wrote:


+1
a decent one-dimensional (chocolatety tobacco) yard gar, they really smooth out after a year.
About 1 out of 10 will be a dud...........

KingoftheCove
12 years ago
Just finished one that's been sitting since 8/1/2011.
Been a while since I smoked one.....but just how I remember them....big smoke output, decent burn, rich tobacco flavor with hints of chocolate notes.....a mild sweet note of something else on a few puffs.

I have 8 or so left......doubt I'll be buying them.....the LHC Oscuro Fuerte can often be snagged for the same price .......and I like those much more.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
as I always say on the gh threads, dpnewell pointed out to me once the musty barn like taste that just about every gran habano has and I've not been able to smoke one since without noticing it... like king said, the lhc is better and can be had for the same price often...
Users browsing this topic