borndead1
12 years ago
I'm always curious to try new mild CT wrap cigars. I love a mild cigar as my "first cigar of the day", and I also don't like spending a whole lotta money on them. It's hard to screw up a mild CT wrap cigar, so there are lots of good, cheap, reliable choices out there.

These are nice looking smokes. Medium brown wrapper, a few shades darker than a CT-CT wrapper. It says on the band that the wrapper is CT seed grown in Ecuador. Cigar is well rolled and heavy in the hand, suggesting that these are actually meant to be a decent cigar, not some garbage stogie like you get from the infamous "T" company.

First few draws...a bit grassy and hay-ish. Not unbearable, but not great. Sweetness on the draw, with the hay flavor on the finish.

About 1" in...grassy/hay flavor is still there but has subsided, overpowered by a tangy flavor on the finish. Great draw. Burn is decent, only needing a few small corrections. But that's pretty good for a "fresh" cigar.

About halfway...grassy/hay flavor is all but gone. Still a mild smoke, decent flavor and a nice aroma. A light buttery flavor that comes and goes, which is pretty nice.

A little past halfway...the buttery flavor slowly gives way to a woodsy flavor. Not a bad smoke at all.

Toward the end...same flavor profile, but getting a few sour notes. I let 'er die around 1.5".

Final thoughts...not bad, but I will give these a few months in the humi and try another. Seems like definite potential.
nolen
12 years ago
Great review. Good to hear a positive review on a Torano, I've not yet had one I could even finish.
tonygraz
12 years ago
I've finished every Torano I ever smoked, but none of those are anything I would buy again. Still have a few to try.
tonycsmoke
12 years ago
When these first came out I was hopeful that it would be a good cigar. It was from Torano that has an excellent track record. I'm a huge fan of the Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper. It was just a poor cigar start to finish. Tried several of them and never got better.

For the money, the Flor De Oliva Gold is a far, far better cigar.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
I don't run into a lot of mutual fans of the ct wrapper... like you said, they're pretty hard to screw up (although some people manage to do it) so there are definitely some cheap ones out there... right now I'm smoking a padilla connecticut... I really love the Ashton Vint Cabs but $8 a pop is pretty steep... every once in a while I treat myself though.... I'm not at all a torano fan but I'll have to give these a shot...
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

.... I'm not at all a torano fan but I'll have to give these a shot...

opelmanta1900 wrote:


+1.........maybe I'll give it a shot......
I gave up on Torano cigars after being very unimpressed with the first 4 or 5 different ones I tried.....

Users browsing this topic